I Can't Find Videos About What Happened AFTER 9/11

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
(I meant to post this the other day but forgot)

I don't remember 9/11 because I was like 5 when it happened but on YouTube I see a bunch of videos of the planes crashing and the buildings falling, but I cant find videos of what happened a day or two afterwards, such as the cleanup and searching for bodies.

Do you know where I can find these videos?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
(I meant to post this the other day but forgot)

I don't remember 9/11 because I was like 5 when it happened but on YouTube I see a bunch of videos of the planes crashing and the buildings falling, but I cant find videos of what happened a day or two afterwards, such as the cleanup and searching for bodies.

Do you know where I can find these videos?

I don’t know off the top of my head but if you want it, here’s the original ATOT thread from 9/11/01. You can read it in all it’s gory detail as it happened in real-time.

Reactions: skyking

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I don’t know off the top of my head but if you want it, here’s the original ATOT thread from 9/11/01. You can read it in all it’s gory detail as it happened in real-time.

Damn, that thread makes fascinating (and quite distressing) reading.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Damn, that thread makes fascinating (and quite distressing) reading.

Yeah I read through some of it. A stroll down memory lane. Many comments which do not age well. Like the guy who said "Thank God we have a president who has the balls to fvck someone up over this, instead of Clinton who would have kissed ass to the terrorists."

Yeah sure, we've all been suffering the consequences of Bush's "toughness" ever since.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
...but I cant find videos of what happened a day or two afterwards, such as the cleanup and searching for bodies.

I appreciate the request, though the choice of words would misrepresent the size and scale of the disaster.
Depending on what you mean by cleanup, that took months and years.

Here are some photos over the years at least. Shame there's not more info organized in a readily presentable way.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yeah I read through some of it. A stroll down memory lane. Many comments which do not age well. Like the guy who said "Thank God we have a president who has the balls to fvck someone up over this, instead of Clinton who would have kissed ass to the terrorists."

Yeah sure, we've all been suffering the consequences of Bush's "toughness" ever since.

To be honest, though, being reminded of that time, makes me think 'well, at least Bin Laden got what he deserved'. As messed-up and incompetently-run as the Afghan war may have been (and we'll never know for sure if OBL could have been bought to justice some other way), I would never deny that bit at least was a positive result.

Some horribly poignent comments in that thread, though, like someone early on commenting that the towers are 'built to withstand a 747 hitting them'.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Much available on youtube.
I was looking for things I never seen before.
However, probably not what you're looking for.

(On Youtube) Just for interest I recommend ""911 THE FALLING MAN""
The Falling Man 911

(On Youtube) ""18 Views of 'Flight 175 Impact Tower # 2"" (18 different video views of the second impact.
18 Views 911

(On Youtube) NBC 9/11 live "as it happened" coverage started on the today show. This is interesting in remembering events from the entire day however I could only find this shorter version. Somewhere there was a full all day long NBC version.
NBC The Today Show 911

(On Youtube) The Howard Stern Show Live 9/11 as it happened. Howard knew right away it was terrorist and not some aircraft accident.
Howard Stern Show Live 911

(On Youtube) The Howard Stern Show The Day After 9/11
Howard Stern Show 911 The Day After

(On The History Channel) RISE AND FALL: THE WORLD TRADE CENTER (A MUST SEE. this was very interesting on how the towers were originally planned out and then built, and the design flaws that played a major role in towers collapse, also how THE MOB and that corruption played a major role with the towers collapse).

(On National Geographic Channel) 911 CONTROL THE SKIES (The US government order to ground all aircraft. Most interesting was Canada's role with diverting incoming flights. Issues with some pilots who refused to land as ordered, and pilot paranoia once inbound aircraft realized terrorist attacks were the reason for grounding of all aircraft. Also, flight attendants and passengers on inbound diverted flights were never told of the ongoing terrorist attacks in fear of passenger panic)

(Movie) UNITED 93 (2006)

PS. The RISE AND FALL: THE WORLD TRADE CENTER aired on the history channel. This version is not available on youtube. Lawrence Wien, then owner of the Empire State Building was against the twin towers because the towers would exceed the height of his then tallest Empire State Building. Lawrence Wien placed an ad in the New York Times with an artist rendering of how a jet airliner could accidentally hit the twin towers with trying to scare people and stop the twin towers project. Lawrence Wien failed, and the towers went up but this is the photo he ran in the NY Times before construction ever began. ESP ????

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 5.17.34 AM.jpg

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Much available on youtube.
I was looking for things I never seen before.
However, probably not what you're looking for.

(On Youtube) Just for interest I recommend ""911 THE FALLING MAN""
The Falling Man 911

(On Youtube) ""18 Views of 'Flight 175 Impact Tower # 2"" (18 different video views of the second impact.
18 Views 911

(On Youtube) NBC 9/11 live "as it happened" coverage started on the today show. This is interesting in remembering events from the entire day however I could only find this shorter version. Somewhere there was a full all day long NBC version.
NBC The Today Show 911

(On Youtube) The Howard Stern Show Live 9/11 as it happened. Howard knew right away it was terrorist and not some aircraft accident.
Howard Stern Show Live 911

(On Youtube) The Howard Stern Show The Day After 9/11
Howard Stern Show 911 The Day After

(On The History Channel) RISE AND FALL: THE WORLD TRADE CENTER (A MUST SEE. this was very interesting on how the towers were originally planned out and then built, and the design flaws that played a major role in towers collapse, also how THE MOB and that corruption played a major role with the towers collapse).

(On National Geographic Channel) 911 CONTROL THE SKIES (The US government order to ground all aircraft. Most interesting was Canada's role with diverting incoming flights. Issues with some pilots who refused to land as ordered, and pilot paranoia once inbound aircraft realized terrorist attacks were the reason for grounding of all aircraft. Also, flight attendants and passengers on inbound diverted flights were never told of the ongoing terrorist attacks in fear of passenger panic)

(Movie) UNITED 93 (2006)

PS. The RISE AND FALL: THE WORLD TRADE CENTER aired on the history channel. This version is not available on youtube. Lawrence Wien, then owner of the Empire State Building was against the twin towers because the towers would exceed the height of his then tallest Empire State Building. Lawrence Wien placed an ad in the New York Times with an artist rendering of how a jet airliner could accidentally hit the twin towers with trying to scare people and stop the twin towers project. Lawrence Wien failed, and the towers went up but this is the photo he ran in the NY Times before construction ever began. ESP ????

View attachment 50222
I remember being at work listening to the HSS when the planes hit. It went from the usual silly stuff to very serious. I remember the sinking feeling sitting at my desk. That show is a really goof real time chronicle. The show was also getting live updates from people living in the city.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
My son was 6 or 7 when 9/11 happened. He still has not flown in an airplane, and will not.