I can't eat slow

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I don't know why, but I can't eat slow. I scarf down my food like crazy, even if I TRY to eat it slowly.

I'm not overweight - and I don't eat too much. I just tend to eat quickly.

My friend takes like 20 minutes to eat a bagel, and that drives me nuts. I don't know why it drives me nuts, but I sit there and ask her how the heck she can take 20 minutes to eat a bagel? it takes me about a minute and a half, maybe 2 minutes.

??

Adn4n

Golden Member
Aug 6, 2004
I hate it when people eat fast, I feel rushed. Maybe it's because I was a refugee for a long time and ate nothing but rice and cheap noodles, but I like to enjoy my food.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I eat insanely fast as well. I don't know why, but I just can't eat at a normal pace. If I try really hard, I can stretch my dinner to 5 minutes of eating.

zylander

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2002
I eat really fast too, even if I am doing something else while I eat, like writing this post, I still eat fast.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I always eat fairly slowly, especially lunch at work. I'm rushed all of the time at work anyway, so I like to slow down and just enjoy what I'm eating.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
i eat slowly, it helps digestion (I get indigestion if I scarf down food). If I eat bagels too quickly, the roof of my mouth gets all cut up.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
same here....

there's probably some psychological reason why the internet and computers are behind this:(

*furiously refreshes page*

When I have had a great day (like yesterday or the day before) I slow down considerably, and joy my food that much more...it just takes a lot to get me to that point

glenn beck

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2004
every body is amazed when they see me eat, I eat way to damn fast, just used to it I guess, I usually measure out my food for the week(health food) and on the weekends eat whatever. The problem is when I eat when it is not measured out, I tend to over eat way to fast, hurts, but hurts good.

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
haha, me too. My GF takes about 25 minutes to eat dinner. I hate eating out, cause as soon as we get our meal, I finish in about 10 minutes and then I give her a zombie stare for about 15 minutes.

I don't understand why I eat so fast. She says I should slow down and enjoy my food. Truth is, I DO ENJOY my food. I've tried to eat slow, but I can only stretch it out to 15 minutes max.

I've now switched it up, when we eat out, I have her order first and then I tell the waiter to go ahead and bring her plate first. I'll act like I'm not sure what I want yet, then after about 5 minutes later I call the waiter and put my order in. This gives my GF a headstart, lol, and we end up finishing around the same time. In the meantime I sometimes order an appetizer or eat chips or order a drink so as not to make her feel guilty for eating her main entree first.

Best I can do to deal with our opposite eating habits.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: frankgomez75
haha, me too. My GF takes about 25 minutes to eat dinner. I hate eating out, cause as soon as we get our meal, I finish in about 10 minutes and then I give her a zombie stare for about 15 minutes.

LOL that happens to my wife and I all the time. Last week we went to Macaroni Grill, I ordered the shrimp sizzler sensation and she had the chicken sizzling sensation. Same dish with different meats. I finished in about 11 minutes and sipped on water while she took her sweet time.

Great she's on ATOT now, I'm in for (another) ass whoppin' :eek:

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
I'm a fast eating myself. But I've been trying to slow down. I dont know why I eat fast but I've been doing it ever since I can remember. Last year I choked on a piece of steak and it was scary as hell. Early this year the same thing happend. Ever since I've been working on pacing my self by chewing more on my food and take smaller bites.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaspian
I'm a fast eating myself. But I've been trying to slow down. I dont know why I eat fast but I've been doing it ever since I can remember. Last year I choked on a piece of stake and it was scary as hell. Early this year the same thing happend. Ever since I've been working on pacing my self by chewing more on my food and take smaller bites.

Killing vampires?

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
I eat pretty fast too. I think it's because of my Dad. He always has to rush things and he's a real asshole if you take more than ten seconds to do anything. I guess growing up with that just made me really fast.

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Same here.

Especially when I go to "Cracker Barrel" (or however you spell it) when I'm on vacation since I don't live near one I and think it's really good.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Depends what im eating. I can put down a 32oz porterhouse in less than 5 minutes. Pasta, on the otherhand, takes me longer to eat.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: bignateyk
Depends what im eating. I can put down a 32oz porterhouse in less than 5 minutes. Pasta, on the otherhand, takes me longer to eat.

I'm the opposite since chewing pasta is significantly faster.

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: bignateyk

I'm the opposite since chewing pasta is significantly faster.

Same here. You don't have to cut pasta. :p

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Man, I'm with you. I rarely let the wife go to lunch with me anymore, because she eats too slowly.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Compared to all of my friends, im the fastest eater there.. compared to my dad, he beats me by at least 10 minutes every time.