I can't believe it, almost a week ago was the 15th anniversary of Benny Hill's Passing :(

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Vid
One of my favorite sketches I laughed so hard once they got to the hospital I had tears in my eyes. Post your favorite sketches here.

RIP Benny

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
It has been so long since I have seen any of his shows, that I don't really have a favorite skit. I do remember being amused when I used to watch them though.

XxPrOdiGyxX

Dec 29, 2002
I've never bothered watching anything of his shows. I assumed it would be corny stuff. Is he even funny?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: XxPrOdiGyxX
I've never bothered watching anything of his shows. I assumed it would be corny stuff. Is he even funny?

i've seen several episodes of his show and thought they were funny.
some stuff is dumb, but i can't think of anyone else who doesn't have their share of dumb stuff either.

rsd

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2003
Classic, classic show. You youngin's best respect this comedic genius, instead of the rubbish on TV now...:)

I still can hear the "chase" music occasionally.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: XxPrOdiGyxX

Well look up some of his videos on Google and find out.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
The "chase music" was recently used to great comedic effect (and as an affectionate tribute) in the "TV Skit" scene of "V for Vendetta" :)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I liked him as the toymaker in Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang too...
Loved Benny Hill.
Atten-hut. Benny Hill SAAA-lute!

A few lines pasted in from wiki.

When asked to comment on rumours that he had sexual affairs with women who appeared on his shows]: I never yell, I never tell, but I'm grateful as hell.

"Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright, they're grand."