I can feel the electricity going through my monitor cable...

trek

Dec 13, 2000
Slightly, but i feel it (the cable from the monitor to the video card). Anyone know what kind of current and voltage is going through there?
-Trek

trek

Dec 13, 2000
just now when i touched it with my foot... i kinda feels like physio but not as much current.
-Trek

yasha

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
You should be carefull if that's really what you feel. You'd be surprised at how much current runs to a monitor. You might want to have someone professional look at it, or use the warranty if you still have it.

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
That can't be right.

It is either something wacky with your computer/monitor or you are some sort of weirdo with strange powers.

trek

Dec 13, 2000
hmmmm, i recently turned up the refresh rate... i will turn it back down and see what happens.
EDIT: turned it back down to 60Hz and i can still feel it...
-Trek

yasha

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
You haven't been talking to a weird preacher dude at a library recently, have you? ;)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
you may have a poorly shielded cable.

bring a compass near it, if it freaks out, i suggest getting a new cable if possible.

--

or it could be static build up which means a poorly grounded cable...

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< or it could be static build up which means a poorly grounded cable... >>

This sounds much more likely in my opinion. This is exactly how poor grounding will behave.

It is something that you should be careful about...

-jothaxe

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
I get the same thing. I used to have a 17&quot; Viewsonic that didn't have this problem (or maybe I never tested it), but I just got this cheap 19&quot; KDS monitor and it does that. I get the same thing with my Belkin printer cable and my system power cable. Does this mean I'm typing on a bomb?

d2tu

Jun 7, 2001
Great, now i'm freaking out and feeling up the cable to my monitor. My 17&quot; KDS seems ok. What are we supposed to be feeling?