I call BS on Dish Network

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I am not recieving some of my hidef stations and a tech came out and replaced the LPN and that did nothing, then he informed me it was because it was getting hot(my 360 is on top of it). So I moved it and it's still doing it. I am assuming the stations I am not getting are on a different satellite than the others. What do you think? He also said it might be because I have too many things in the outlet it's on hooked up.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: michaels
I am not recieving some of my hidef stations and a tech came out and replaced the LPN and that did nothing, then he informed me it was because it was getting hot(my 360 is on top of it). So I moved it and it's still doing it. I am assuming the stations I am not getting are on a different satellite than the others. What do you think? He also said it might be because I have too many things in the outlet it's on hooked up.

HAHAHA yeah thats all around BS. You actually bought into that with him standing there?

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
bahahahaha, you didn't argue with him?

on a serious note, did you use to get them but not anymore or you never had it?

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
was your reciever ever unplugged for an extended period of time? did the service tech call dish network and ask them to send a "hit"? sometimes if a reciever loses the programming, a phone call can get them to send a signal to it to establish the proper channels again. you can do that yourself, if he didnt bother.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
what's in its place? did the channel completely disappeared? it's possible they move it but that shouldn't affect you. do you have a superdish?

EMPshockwave82

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2003
the only way that you could have too much plugged into the outlet is if you have the cable or sattelite connection entering a splitter and then expanding into MANY connections (i.e. more than 5 if not connected to a repeater)

other than that... you should have laughed in his face and said SHENS

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
The reciever was hooked up to the outlet directly, and I had a power strip hooked to the other one with a subwoofer, Dish reciever, a/v reciever and a 360 hooked into it.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: michaels
The reciever was hooked up to the outlet directly, and I had a power strip hooked to the other one with a subwoofer, Dish reciever, a/v reciever and a 360 hooked into it.

meh, that part is bull. id more likely guess the rcvr overheated and is messed up. doesnt seem to take much, according to my boss and his son. theyve been doing service for dish/directv for years