I bought some teflon replacement pads(skatez) for my mouse : Perfectly frictionless.

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by William Gaatjes, Dec 7, 2017.

1. William Gaatjes

I have a logitech gaming mouse G1 and it still serves me well.
    I modified my mouse in hardware so that the right mouse button and left mouse button are exchanged.
    Since i am left handed, this works better and i no longer have to change the mouse button configuration in windows and games. And sometimes games do not allow the exchange of the left and right mouse buttons. Win win for me.

But my mouse was in dire need of new teflon mouse pads, thus last week i ordered a replacement set from corepad gamers gear. The replacement teflon pads i bought come as 10 pieces on a 3M plastic holder.
    I bought the pads that are designed to replace the logitech MX500/MX510/MX518/MX700?MX900.
    But work fine with any mouse i would say.

http://www.corepad.com/skatez.html

After thoroughly cleaning the bottom of the mouse with a general cleaner and after that with denatured cleaning alcohol of 96% pure... Used all 10 pads and i have to say, it is so friction free. When i tap my mouse gently with my finger it skids away as if it was on slightly molten ice.
    I am really happy with these teflon mouse replacement pads. :)

2. Loading...

3. DigDog

DigDog Diamond Member

you sound so excited. is this the first time you buy teflon skates?

4. William Gaatjes

It was. The problem was getting new mouse pads.
    Here in the netherlands it seems everyone expects to just buy a new mouse and throw the old one away when the mouse pads are worn because i only found one shop selling these replacement pads.
    I am not a cheapskate, but i do find it nonsense to throw something that is perfectly suited for my needs, away because of a minor problem that can be solved with a little maintenance.

5. DigDog

DigDog Diamond Member

oh you live in NL ? i wouldn't mind seeing you this christmas. maybe you can be my tour guide?

regarding what you said, i'm sure that's not really how you are expected to act .. caseking.de ships to you and i think they have a large selection of skates. as someone who likes eSports, i know that mouse feet are not easy to find, regardless where you live. But the reason is that end users are dumb, and do not understand that feet can wear out. Also many users maybe never get to the end life of a set of feet, because all they do is play some harmless games that don't stress the mouse, so who can blame them?

6. William Gaatjes

I am sorry, i am not much of a tour guide.
    Also i finally have a holiday to relax and already feel i have too much appointments.

Regardless, i preffered to buy only in the Netherlands but i am slowly letting it go.
    The shop i bought the pads, is on the Dutch German border and is part Dutch / part German i guess. The shop itself is in Germany in Kranenburg.

https://www.cyes.nl/

7. DigDog

DigDog Diamond Member

so you wouldn't share a christmas spljff with a fellow ATOTer? Shame on you!

8. William Gaatjes

I am not a smoker. I used to do it about 15 years ago once in a while and have taken a small puff once or twice in those last 15 years.
    When i used to smoke weed, i was totally not social, i just lingered off in my own mind.
    And i cannot stand the smell anymore. Also it is much stronger now.

9. DigDog

DigDog Diamond Member

me neither, i haven't smoked in over 10 years or more. but surely we could share some vlaamse frieten with mayonnaise, or maybe a FEBO.

10. William Gaatjes

HAW ! :D
    Febo.
    You really need to get a :"speciaaltje".
    It is something between a meat ball and a croquette (kroket) and has all these herbs and onions in it.
    It tastes a bit spicey.

[​IMG]

The sad part is that i ordered thursday another set of mouse feet pads and unfortunately, it is supposed to be 2 sets of 5 mouse pads and there were only 5 in the package.
    Now i have to call the webshop monday to get the other 5.