I bought my girlfriend a promise ring, any good ideas on how to present it to her?

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I bought my girlfriend a promise ring, any good ideas on how to present it to her? Im trying to think of something fun rather then "here gf i got u this ring"

And to save you guys further questions
1. I know my gf in person.
2. We did not meet online.
3. No pics.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
I never really understood the concept of a promise ring, unless ofcourse the couple was still in high school and were too young to be married or something. What exactly does one promise? and if its the promise of marriage, then why not an engagement ring?

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: chiwawa626
I bought my girlfriend a promise ring, any good ideas on how to present it to her? Im trying to think of something fun rather then "here gf i got u this ring"

3. No pics.

Promise wring? Lame, just lame. Just give her the ring. No need to have something attached to it...

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Why don't you give it to her over dinner. Take her to one of those 7 course meal places. You can serve it up with a side of your balls in-between the soup and salad courses.

If you want to marry her, give her a real ring. What does a promise ring mean that's different than an engagement ring, aside from "I don't want you to leave me so here's a ring that doesn't mean as much as you want it to mean but I still love you (please sleep w/me tonight)"

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Well when i give it to her we're going to be togather for 6months. Basicly a promise ring is to make a promise to someone...(bfs/gfs give em to eachother, fathers give them to daughters, ...) Our relationship is long distance (im off 500 miles away in college, and shes workin and goin to cc at home) and i thought it would be a nice symbol of my love for her, and for her to have something she can always keep with her to remind her of me (trust me shes gonna love it shes a die hard romantic) oh and the ring she has been wearing that her mom gave her broke - so i guess this will be nice to take its place...Well anyways just trying to think of something creative to do...

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Its more or less saying Your mine, a promise to be faithful and that i love her...Its not intent to get married its not intent to get engaged. Its basicly what i tell her it means. Were both 18 anyways- not planning to get married any time soon, im not crazy.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Its more or less saying Your mine, a promise to be faithful and that i love her...Its not intent to get married its not intent to get engaged. Its basicly what i tell her it means. Were both 18 anyways- not planning to get married any time soon, im not crazy.

You may think that, but to the female perspective a promise ring means you're getting married. You are sadly mistaken my friend... Just think about that before you give it to her. You think it means you're being faithful, but no matter what you say to her she'll get it in her mind that you're saying you will get married.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Why don't you give it to her over dinner. Take her to one of those 7 course meal places. You can serve it up with a side of your balls in-between the soup and salad courses.

If you want to marry her, give her a real ring. What does a promise ring mean that's different than an engagement ring, aside from "I don't want you to leave me so here's a ring that doesn't mean as much as you want it to mean but I still love you (please sleep w/me tonight)"

Bingo.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: xSauronx
Originally posted by: DrPizza
during orgasm.
She'll never forget.

so he has an orgasm and thanks her with the ring? :confused:

No, he brings her to orgasm with his finger - with a ring on it for added stimulation!

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

3. No pics.

What the hell is a promise ring?

Man, stop acting g@y and hit it.