I bought an HDTV, a PS3 that comes with MGS4, GTA4 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for 3 days straight, naturally.

Long live 2D!! :D

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
yea people laugh at me when they ask me "what are you playing these days?" and I tell them I still play hot shots golf 5 every day (its on ps3 but its a cartoony looking golf game that came out 4 months ago)

everyone asks me "you play mgs4 yet?" and im like "nope, still playin hot shots" :p

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
SOTN = one of the greatest games ever. Can't even count the number of times I've played through it.

On Xbox live I was #4 on the leaderboards for speed when it first came out.

Still haven't gotten the 212% complete achievement though.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
post + username = lol? :p

Who gives a crap what others think you should be playing. If you're having a good time screw the haters. :D

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I started playing that one but, ah, I got stuck an hour in and gave up. Oops.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: warcrow
post + username = lol? :p

Who gives a crap what others think you should be playing. If you're having a good time screw the haters. :D

haha, yeah. I made this account back when I was really into the original Xbox. I think it died about a week after I made my anandtech account. Just went with it.

SotN has some bitchin' music! My god what a soundtrack.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
I thought you were going to say something like:

"...and I hooked it up with composite cables for glorious 480i action!"
or
"I got back in the car and drove to Best Buy to buy an HDMI cable!"

Never dug SotN myself, but I'm not a Castlevania fan to begin with... Good for you if you enjoy it though :up:!

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
i didn't really like SotN. I remember buying it for like 15 bucks, and then selling it back to gamestop for like 20 haha. I should have just bought the huge stock that was available. Oh well.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Cabages
Just a random question.

PS3 came with an HDMI cable right?

No. Comes with crappy composite cables. You need to buy your own component/HDMI cable.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
not to hijack the thread but any suggestions for must have ps2 games? I need a break from mgs4 :)

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
not to hijack the thread but any suggestions for must have ps2 games? I need a break from mgs4 :)

Well, there's the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection... :p

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I'm playing Disgaea: Hour of DArkness still on my PS3....haven't gotten MGS4 yet (of course, I have to play through MGS:essential collection first as well)

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Just a random question.

No, no version of the PS3 comes with HD cables. They all come with composite cables.

Yet, Sony claims that Microsoft doesn't take the HD market seriously... I've never understood this. I don't care how cheap you can order a HDMI cable online. You know the majority of people are not going to do that. Hell, the majority of people aren't going to give a crap about cables. Average Joe is buying a PS3 for it's high-definition game and movie playing ability and hooking it up with composite cables, because that's the way they've always done it.

The real ire is, what can it cost Sony to include an HDMI cable in the box? Like pennies?

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: bearxor
Just a random question.

No, no version of the PS3 comes with HD cables. They all come with composite cables.

Yet, Sony claims that Microsoft doesn't take the HD market seriously... I've never understood this. I don't care how cheap you can order a HDMI cable online. You know the majority of people are not going to do that. Hell, the majority of people aren't going to give a crap about cables. Average Joe is buying a PS3 for it's high-definition game and movie playing ability and hooking it up with composite cables, because that's the way they've always done it.

The real ire is, what can it cost Sony to include an HDMI cable in the box? Like pennies?

I bought mine for $9. So yeah, you'd think if Sony bought half a million of them... the bulk price would be like a dollar or something.

mc866

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2005
SOTN FTW!!!!!

Funny how this works but I often find myself playing old games I really enjoyed because I can't seem to get into some of the newer titles.