I bought a new bed: Spring Air Crazy Foam (Memory Foam)

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
So yea, I bought this Spring Air Memory Foam bed.. it kicks a$$.... its like 12 inches of foam, queen size, and I got some feather pillows too.

I haven't slept so well in ages.. for the past 10 yrs, I've been sleeping on futon with a memory foam topper... now I have the real thing and wholy crap, its the bomb... costed $1000 bux, a little expensive but surely a great investment nonetheless :)

I saw the tempur-pedic brand one but it didn't appeal to me, it felt too dense.. so I went with this one, and it was like $500 bux less so that sealed the deal.

eff the futon man!

anyone have a memory foam bed? if ya do what kind, and how much did it cost/what size... and how do you like it?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
They're fun to sleep on (I prefer a pillow-top feather bed), but they suck for 'extra-cirricular activities'. Good thing you don't have to worry about that.

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
I can't justify spending a grand on a bed

yea i kept saying the same thing, it took me 10 yrs to buy a real bed.. so i used that 10 yrs worth of bed money and went for a really nice one (no i didnt really save my bed money from every year lol)

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
They're fun to sleep on (I prefer a pillow-top feather bed), but they suck for 'extra-cirricular activities'. Good thing you don't have to worry about that.

you called that one right on man, no bouncy bouncy :-/

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
I can't justify spending a grand on a bed
A bed is more important than a fast computer, eh?

Heh, I spent more on my chair than on my bed. I have a regular ol' mattress with a memory foam topper which I find to be pretty comfortable. I sit in a chair more than I sleep.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999

:laugh:

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: franguinho

actually on the contrary, doesnt seem like either of you are gettin any judgin by your post counts :p

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TheGizmo
Originally posted by: franguinho

actually on the contrary, doesnt seem like either of you are gettin any judgin by your post counts :p

You guessed it. Whenever the GF wants some nookie, I usually tell her I'm too busy making my 7.23 posts for the day.

Wonderful Pork

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2005
I have a 3" memory foam topper on my bed. A friend of mine has a full memory foam mattress and complains about how warm it gets at night. I'm perfectly happy with my topper though, and if not, it's going back to Costco!