I bought a house! *PICS*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: Ameesh
true enough, i own all the land down to the sidewalk so i could deck the whole thing off, and im not one for a lot of yard work.

I hear that man...i hate yard work. that's why AZ is nice...no grass. :D

seriously im way too lazy to do it myself.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Metalloid15
Looks nice. I like the staircase setup, it looks really cool. Does it have a basement?

no basement
I thought you were in or near Seattle/Redmond, WA.
Is it usual to have no basement in a climate like that?
Where does all the HVAC equipment go?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Cyberian
Looks nice. I like the staircase setup, it looks really cool. Does it have a basement?

no basement

He lives in washington, how much heating/AC equipment do you think he has?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

It's typically just stored away in a closet either in the lower level or in the garage. I live in Iowa, where temps range from -20 in the winter to 100+ in the summer and all my HVAC equipment is located in small closet on the lower level of the house.

human2k

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Congrats! Now all it needs is some kids and a dog. Viola! The middle class white american life.:)

civad

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
Cleanest kitchen and garage I have seen in a while...

Congratulations, Ameesh!! Nice place :)

p.s: how r the neighbors? Any 'interesting' ones???

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Mrsskoorb says "That's a nice house." I agree. We made an offer today on this house. It's a bit of a fixer upper :) Contract should be accepted tomorrow or monday but we're still not positive yet on loan approval given our recent immigration to US and limited credit history but we'll see!

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Tyler

no basement

Well, cut off my legs and call me 'shorty' - I always thought that Seattle had colder Winters and warmer Summers than that.

That's a sh|tload of rain, though, no?

(BTW, notfred, I live nearly 3,000 miles from Seattle and have never been there. Am I really supposed to know the seasonal temperatures?)

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Kickass... Can't wait till I own my own place... Actually I hope that day ever comes...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Said the famous Samuel L. Clemens, "The mildest winter I ever experienced was summer in Seattle." :D

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Looks very chic. Thats about a 115-120k home here in Lawrence. Our first home was similar to that, a bit older, but similar nonetheless. It only had 3 bedrooms though, 2 with a den actually. We quickly outgrew it. I think thats a great start to home ownership.

CONGRATS!!

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
Papi doesn tlike the backyard.

Everything else is kick ass!!! Congrats Ameesh.

Papi say's she also wasnt a pic of you ;)

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
I don't know if i'd go so far as to call that a backyard....;)

but really nice house dude! Congrats!

yeah, kool,you even have a garage!,LOL I have a backyard,but no driveway/garage :(
i have a large house,built about 100 years ago,it needs new windows,siding,insulation,etc...

i just put 2 windows in the 1st floor bedroom,I am going to use that room for my bedroom,as soon as i finsh the window,minor remodeling job....it will be a lot cooler,easier to cool off for the summer,than a 2nd floor bedroom.

Best wishes! Don't forget to give copies of the pics to your insurance company!

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Congrats ameesh, it sure feels good to own a house, makes all that work worth it, doesn't it?

Alternex

Oct 9, 1999
Congrats.. Is this in a development community where all the houses are built together by the same builder company? I can't wait to own a home and stop throwing my money away on rent every month!

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Tyler

no basement

Well, cut off my legs and call me 'shorty' - I always thought that Seattle had colder Winters and warmer Summers than that.

That's a sh|tload of rain, though, no?

(BTW, notfred, I live nearly 3,000 miles from Seattle and have never been there. Am I really supposed to know the seasonal temperatures?)
I live 1000 miles away and have never been there.

Ok, but I guess it's not really THAT different a climate than San Francisco, which is like an hour from here.

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
But what part of IOWA do you live in? I really like all the trees and the enticing clouds! Down here in SoCal we do get alot of sun and it doesn't get to hot or cold, and sure we do have the best looking people here in San Diego but, THERES NO FRICKIN RAIN!!!

Que-TiP

Dec 8, 1999
me gusta...eventually i will put up pics of the condo i bought about 4 months ago

Rogozhin

Mar 25, 2003
I am going to build my own straw bale house in eastern-washington this summer (on 10 acres of arable land).

That is a decent house though ;) where in washington?

rogo