I biked, I saw, I conquered

Rakkis

Apr 24, 2000
Last night, I decided to step up my exercise program.
And since I couldn't fall sleep... I went out biking at 8 am.

The green route is this morning. The black is what I will ride everyday.

Now give me a cookie!!

[edit: Oh yeah]
The distances written are round trip distances

Rakkis

Apr 24, 2000
<Tactfully refuses the cookie> I am not allowed those anymore.

<Hands it to Jerboy so he stops complaining about not getting free food>

I have the ultimate in bike technology. A 26" Huffy from Walmart. Beat that!

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
I like to bike also, but I never biked such a long route. I'm a casual biker and usually bike like around 2am for a couple of hours with my friend.

how long did it take you

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

<< I like to bike also, but I never biked such a long route. I'm a casual biker and usually bike like around 2am for a couple of hours with my friend.

how long did it take you
>>

2am!!!. Even if you have lights, you can't go faster than 5 mph in the dark.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
back when i was in boyscouts, we biked the C&O canal and some little other trails one time.

ended up being 250 miles in 4 days. We biked with all our gear packed with us too. It was a lot of fun.

Rakkis

Apr 24, 2000
Took me 2 hours to get to the lake and 1.5 to get back.

I passed through the city of Tustin. I never realized the whole freaing city was a RAMP.
Hills EVERYWHERE once you get past the main commercial area.
That's why it took so long.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001

<<

<< I like to bike also, but I never biked such a long route. I'm a casual biker and usually bike like around 2am for a couple of hours with my friend.

how long did it take you
>>

>>

Not here in NYC. There's lights wherever you go all night. And it's amazing how fast and far you can go when there's no traffic.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

<< 2am!!!. Even if you have lights, you can't go faster than 5 mph in the dark >>

why? I go the same speed night or day... I have a 15 and 20W Marwi headlights for my bike.. and even that is way more than enough to go flat out.
I usually ride 20mph or so when i am cutting through the park on the way to work.. night or day.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I remember when I used to do 25 miles off road on a regular basis. I need to step up my riding.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999

<<

how long did it take you
>>

>>

lmao. Um, sure you can. The only time I've needed lights to see where I was going was on a moonless light in a bike path which is away from street lights and goes thru a forest for a couple miles in a semi-rural area.