I believe one day the world will declare war on carnivorous animals

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
It will never happen. On earth. Meat will become more expensive but available to those who can afford it, whether at a grocery store or owning the land to raise stock. The poor masses will eat soylent green.

Except for fish. Once the oceans get bad enough that the fish are dead, we're screwed anyway.

Them fishes are not dead from the oceans. They are dead because humans hunt them too much. We as humans are running out of fishes for consumption sooner than later.

Very soon, fishes will be only available for the rich.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Says environmental groups that just want to hand pick the data. Take out tuna and you have other increases in fish population. Besides, not at all only for the rich, much of the world's population is DIY fishing, not commercial. I can walk to a body of water in 10 minutes and catch fish here, but I wouldn't want to EAT them due to proximity to a couple pollution sources, but I might if it were the only source of meat.

If the fish weren't there, commercial vessels wouldn't be fishing there. If they stop fishing there, the fish population increases again. The ocean is a big place, and running out of fish is a lie posed by groups that want funding. Maybe you won't get to eat a specific kind of fish, but the majority of the world's population is not that picky.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
^ Says environmental groups that just want to hand pick the data. Take out tuna and you have other increases in fish population. Besides, not at all only for the rich, much of the world's population is DIY fishing, not commercial. I can walk to a body of water in 10 minutes and catch fish here, but I wouldn't want to EAT them due to proximity to a couple pollution sources, but I might if it were the only source of meat.

If the fish weren't there, commercial vessels wouldn't be fishing there. If they stop fishing there, the fish population increases again. The ocean is a big place, and running out of fish is a lie posed by groups that want funding. Maybe you won't get to eat a specific kind of fish, but the majority of the world's population is not that picky.

I am the last person to yell "the sky is falling" but it is a fact that fishes are running low because us humans are hunting them too much/overfishing. You say it right there.."if they stop fishing there" but they are not. They are fishing even more, farther and farther from their bases (see below).

Why do you think them chinese fishing boats were far away (thousands of miles) from their base in china? For fun? No, because they are running out of fishes in the nearby bodies of water in china (and china is claiming 90% of South china Sea as its own so chinese fishing vessels can get everything in that body of water).

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Feral pigs are basically man with no restraint.

There is no shame in hunting them. In fact, even with hunting, the population is not dwindling.

i use my AR-15 to hunt the 30-50 of them that run through my back yard every 3-5 minutes

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

User name checks out.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Personal attack = no argument, I win.

It amazes me that you have this many posts and DON'T GET THAT.

Was I supposed to troll back and try to insinuate something based on your username?

Really? Are you 5 years old?

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Humans are carnivorous animals
jZGgghi.png

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
growing up happens around the 20000 post mark
Apparently not.

The standard is pretty simple. Anything you couldn't get away with in real life, is just hiding behind a keyboard to do online. Cowards, in their mom's basement, don't impress me. Maybe some aren't in their mom's basement but if they still act like they are insulated by anonymity to troll, it's the same diff.

Granted, we are now in a strange new era where libtards will attack anything, even a tree if they get worked up enough to do so, but the beauty of that is, people who are sane have far better stamina than a defenseless tree, lol. So let them puff and whine and exhaust themselves. It is hilarious.

Last edited: