I believe in God.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Can anyone relate?

I believe a supreme being exists, it's just that I do not recognize his/her/its authority.

I don't like him.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Vageetasjn

Jan 5, 2003
What would you say the odds are that a god with a bad attitude exists? It's much simpler to reconcile the state of affairs with the notion that there just isn't one.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
so.. is that like... your a nonconformist? If that's the case.. YOUR ACTUALLY CONFORMING TO NONCONFORMIST WAYS! CONFORMIST! :laugh:
rebel against authority! VIVA LA REVOLUTION! :p

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
Can anyone relate?

I believe a supreme being exists, it's just that I do not recognize his/her/its authority.

I don't like him.

I find your statement... highly illogical.
You believe in a being that created all of existence, but you do not recognize it's authority.
Most peculiar.
It's almost like one of your islets of Lagerhans not recognizing your existence, but not your authority.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Can anyone relate?

I don't like him.

RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAAAY!!!!

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: destrekor
so.. is that like... your a nonconformist? If that's the case.. YOUR ACTUALLY CONFORMING TO NONCONFORMIST WAYS! CONFORMIST! :laugh:

ah yes, must...resist...raging...hormones....gaahhh

no, but im totally serious. i honestly don't like gawd.

what makes me most angry is that everything grande in the world is given credit to teh man, but all the bad stuff is said to be sourced from man's free will, or our own decisions, or "everything has a purpose"

too convenient methinks

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Vageetasjn
What would you say the odds are that a god with a bad attitude exists? It's much simpler to reconcile the state of affairs with the notion that there just isn't one.

meh. I firmly stand as an atheist. If some god wants to prove his might by striking me down now, as I stand.. then so be it. That was my choice in life, I was happy. I don't want to accept the fact that I do not have free reign over my life, and that some supreme being is judging my every move. Morals are an invention of man as it gained intelligence and grew to be society-based. These morals are necessary for society to operate smoothly. Else, we'd have the tribal nature that our ancestral caveman had, with no order, no control.. merely alpha males dominating over weaker males, making babies, and being the patriarch of a clan... and working his ass off to maintain that stance and providing for the clan, until his death. Some clans probably went monarch-style and the family ruled, and other clans probably just went with a patriarch being replaced by the next alpha male.. and maybe multiple alpha males constantly battled and fought till the death for control over a clan?
or maybe there were no clans and only families? who knows.

we gotta look to chimps in the wild for any possible clues to what cavemen may have been like.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

what makes me most angry is that everything grande in the world is given credit to teh man, but all the bad stuff is said to be sourced from man's free will, or our own decisions, or "everything has a purpose"

too convenient methinks

I actually think your slowly working your way up towards agnosticism or atheism. That style of thought you present is very similar to the revelations I had as I grew up.

edit: it's kind of my funny. My parents, for awhile (as of last year) keep trying to tell me there is no such thing as atheists in foxholes. For awhile I kept rethinking my position on the topic, and now I stand in the idea that I don't need something to pray to to keep me alive, rather... I'll accept the fact that I have risked my life, and I think that makes me future soldier with a stronger mind and mightier grasp on life. I will be risking my life for future generations of free living in the U.S. Thus why I also firmly hold the notion that if our government ever betrays the Constitution in a way the people do not accept (the Constitution is a constantly evolving document based around the needs of the people in that generation. The Founding Fathers probably didn't want that so much, but they made Amendments possible and thus here we are today... moving on), then I will hold true to my oath in that I will protect the Constitution... even if puts me up for possible treason, I will fight for the Constitution. :) And that's my position I'll hold. Damn I ramble. heh

move along, nothing more than a rambler here. ;)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

too convenient methinks

Then you don't not like god, you don't like people. THAT I can understand perfectly.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

too convenient methinks

Then you don't not like god, you don't like people. THAT I can understand perfectly.

humanity sucks. We're beasts. But I like life so I'll do what I can to keep life moving forward. :)

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005

too convenient methinks

I actually think your slowly working your way up towards agnosticism or atheism. That style of thought you present is very similar to the revelations I had as I grew up.

edit: it's kind of my funny. My parents, for awhile (as of last year) keep trying to tell me there is no such thing as atheists in foxholes. For awhile I kept rethinking my position on the topic, and now I stand in the idea that I don't need something to pray to to keep me alive, rather... I'll accept the fact that I have risked my life, and I think that makes me future soldier with a stronger mind and mightier grasp on life. I will be risking my life for future generations of free living in the U.S. Thus why I also firmly hold the notion that if our government ever betrays the Constitution in a way the people do not accept (the Constitution is a constantly evolving document based around the needs of the people in that generation. The Founding Fathers probably didn't want that so much, but they made Amendments possible and thus here we are today... moving on), then I will hold true to my oath in that I will protect the Constitution... even if puts me up for possible treason, I will fight for the Constitution. :) And that's my position I'll hold. Damn I ramble. heh

move along, nothing more than a rambler here. ;)

i dont i could ever be an atheist.

theyre way too bitter for my tastes...and very self-righteous.

i mean to come to such a steep conclusion would be hard for me. i dont have the bawls or the soul to do that.

hell isnt for me.

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

too convenient methinks

:laugh: That is exactly what I haven't been able to put into words!

Thanks.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Originally posted by: maddogchen
thats okay, God still loves you.

This is true. He may have no problem sending you to the burning fires of hell for all eternity, but rest assured love you he does.

Mar 11, 2004
OP, why do you have about a single real sentence worth of words, but space it out for no reason? Is it your sig or do you purposefully go out of your way to do it?

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: NanoStuff

This is true. He may have no problem sending you to the burning fires of hell for all eternity, but rest assured love you he does.

:laugh:

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006

Did your mother spank you? It makes sense for one to be loved, yet face the consequences of their actions.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: nkgreen

Did your mother spank you? It makes sense for one to be loved, yet face the consequences of their actions.

eternity of damnation is a very bad punishment. this god must be a psychopath and needs a LOT of counseling by his elder gods. he's like Hitler embodied in god.
actually. Wow. Maybe Hitler was God embodied in man? :shocked: !!!!

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Originally posted by: nkgreen

eternity of damnation is a very bad punishment. this god must be a psychopath and needs a LOT of counseling by his elder gods. he's like Hitler embodied in god.
actually. Wow. Maybe Hitler was God embodied in man? :shocked: !!!!

Perhaps sin is a very bad thing?

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
God and I were out on the back porch drinking beers and he mentioned this exact dilemma. He was perplexed by the fact that there were many believers who felt the same way as you. I suggested he put some good use to a few thunderbolts but he just shrugged it off and broke wind, which pretty much ended that discussion and gave me a good idea of what he felt about the subject. We went back to drinking our beers and started up a game of checkers.