I beat trine 2 last night

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
What a fun fun game. Took me a few nights/days to beat it and my kids enjoyed helping me through some of the puzzles. At $15.00, its a great deal and I'm sure it will be in the under $5.00 section soon.

Get it, worth every penny.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Probably going to pick it up this weekend. I liked the first one (never finished it though) and the reviews for the sequel are very high.

Did you do any online co-op?

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
While I haven't even finished Trine 1 yet, I will buying #2 to show my support for the devs. Great games.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I loved the first one. I guess I'll pick it up on the Holiday Sale, even if it's not discounted.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Bumping for awesomeness.

Haven't beat the game yet, but I finally got around to buying this the other night. Absolutely love this game. The art, special effects and physics effects are all top notch. It's great that they kept local co-op in tact, as we were able to play (up to three players) on one computer, needing only one copy of the game. There's two co-op modes, unlimited (anybody can be any character at any time) and classic (pick one character). Unlimited became really easy as my brother and I would both be wizards and just levitate each other to objectives or across chasms. This of course led to us intentionally trapping/killing one other as we raced to get the XP orbs.

As for what's changed, gone is the magic meter (yay!). No more hunting down blue bottles to fill that up, a very welcome change. In fact, the only things you pick up are XP, either as floating orbs or bottles. It seems as though items are also gone, and in their place you have collectible paintings and poems locked in chests. I like the change though, the puzzle and combat aspects are the sole focus, and it works out well.

A fantastic game for $15. I'm liking it more than Portal 2, and I loved Portal 2.

Last edited:

Amit3945

Jul 29, 2006
Almost to the last levels (Ice Castle or something). . . .
Wonderful game . . .no doubt. . . but I have a slight niggle.

The gfx in comparison to trine1 are truely bumped up with LOTS of background stuff going on, but I was overwelmed with the assault on my eyes on literally ALL the levels so far.

Trine1 in comparison has that 'less is more' feeling imo.

Also for a major part I was just travelling thru coweb infested chambers, I could be wrong though, but I did get that feeling.

The best way to play it is in small doses or else the sameness creeps in.
Having said that you HAVE to buy this title.