I asked before...no answer. I ask again!. Anandtech irc chat?

AngelOfDeath

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000

<< Chat

If the Administrator has enabled the Real-time Chat server, a Chat button will appear on the menu bar. This feature allows you to talk to other users in real-time. When you click on the Chat button, a window will appear with five panes within it: Main Message pane, Send Message pane, Categories pane, Users Sessions pane, and Personal Sessions pane. Below is an explanation of the functionality of each window pane.
The Message pane is the location where messages that you type are displayed. Each time a user joins your chat session, a message will appear indicating that this user has joined. Your messages are displayed without your nickname, while other user's messages are displayed with their nickname in bold preceding it.

The Send Message pane allows you to send your message. Type your message and press &quot;Enter&quot;. There is one IRC command that was incorporated into this field -- the &quot;/me&quot; command. This allows you to write messages like, &quot;Joe says Hi!&quot;. This is what users will see when you use the &quot;/me&quot; command.

The Categories pane is a listing of all forum categories. You can chat in any one of these categories by clicking on the category name. Categories are similar to the IRC term, &quot;Chat Room&quot;.

The Users pane is a listing of users currently using the chat module. If you wish to chat privately with a user, click on their name. If this user has allowed personal chat sessions (a setting in the user profile), then they will be notified of your request, and you can engage in a private chat.

The Private Sessions pane displays any private chats in which you are currently engaged
>>

When and where I havn't seen it yet :(.

AoD ;)

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000

<< << Chat

If the Administrator has enabled the Real-time Chat server, a Chat button will appear on the menu bar. ... When and where I havn't seen it yet :(.
>>

Conversely, if the Administrator has not enabled the Real-time Chat server, a Chat button will not appear on the menu bar.

AngelOfDeath

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000
I know that...I can read, but I haven't seen that button yet, and was asking if somebody know when...Have any of you tried it???.

AoD ;)