I am trying firefox but have a question.

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
I want to know how you can get the web page font larger? I know I go to view and increase but how do I get it to stay larger. My wife doesn't see very well and doesn't want to have to keep changing it every time she goes to the internet.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
If you start it from a shortcut, right-click on the shortcut, choose properties, shortcut tab. Under "run" you can select "maximized".

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I think Jack misread your question. He is giving you the solution to opening full screen. You asked about permanently making screen fonts in FF larger. I did it, but I don't remember how. Will research it.

OK - go to Tools, Options and at the bottom set your font and size the way you want. Then go to Advanced, and make sure that web pages do not set their own font size.

Talcite

Apr 18, 2006
is it that hard to do? the short cut is ctrl & +. I don't think there's a way to make it stay that way though.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: tweekah
Another trick is holding Ctrl and rolling your mouse wheel.

Right - and that works in IE also. To get the font changes to be permanent in Firefox, you need to go into tools and options as I said above. Anything else is temporary.

But the mouse wheel trick may be all that is needed, because sometimes larger fonts mess up spacing in web site windows and you get overlapping text.