I am thinking of a Plextor M5Pro

capeconsultant

Aug 10, 2005
as my next SSD a 512GB. I would fresh install Windows 8 on it. Any experience with this brand/model? Thanks, Dave

jwilliams4200

Apr 10, 2009
I think the Plextor M5P is an excellent choice. The performance is almost as good as the Samsung 840 Pro, but the M5P has been out for several months now and no serious problems reported, unlike the 840 Pro.

Also, at 512GB, the M5P is one of the few SSD models that is not slower than the 256GB model.

capeconsultant

Aug 10, 2005
I have an Intel 520 and like the software with it. I like to manually run trim when I feel like it. No such software for Plextor it seems :(

I was interested in the 840 Pro but am a bit confused as to whether it is reliable or not.

Price is about $450 for the Plextor. Wish it was $350 but still not too bad for the 512GB.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Crucial M4 512GB all the way.. 010G makes it faster then Windows 8 makes your ssd even faster, for example, my DAW app used to take 5 second to launch,,, "not open a project" just app. Now it takes 3 seconds. It used to takes 3 minutes to do Registry Life registry defrag, With 8 it takes 5 seconds....... things are snappy and stable I took this pic when I hit 2222 a little while back,,,Im using 512k cluster size on top of that, default is 4096.. I was on 512 put the image from external onto SSD and boooom 3 minute boot time of 7 went to 20 seconds......now with 8 my boot time "To the desktop" is about 15 seconds

hhhd1

Apr 8, 2012
Crucial M4 512GB all the way.. 010G makes it faster then Windows 8 makes your ssd even faster, for example, my DAW app used to take 5 second to launch,,, "not open a project" just app. Now it takes 3 seconds. It used to takes 3 minutes to do Registry Life registry defrag, With 8 it takes 5 seconds....... things are snappy and stable I took this pic when I hit 2222 a little while back,,,Im using 512k cluster size on top of that, default is 4096.. I was on 512 put the image from external onto SSD and boooom 3 minute boot time of 7 went to 20 seconds......now with 8 my boot time "To the desktop" is about 15 seconds

This post looks familiar.
It doesn't even have the screen shot "you" took when you hit 2222.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Thought so also, sure reminds me of another poster.
Thanks for insulting me, you have nothing better to do ? I have no problem with you. And no nothing can be done why are you soo irritated and angry and mad, you need to chill ,,,,,,, this is a good post so to answer you.

dac7nco

Jun 7, 2009
Thanks for insulting me, you have nothing better to do ? I have no problem with you. And no nothing can be done why are you soo irritated and angry and mad, you need to chill ,,,,,,, this is a good post so to answer you.

Tweakboy?

sequoia464

Feb 12, 2003

Don't have a clue as to how you got all of that out of my post. I simply agreed with another poster that your post seemed very similar to how another individual words his posts.

I go out of my way on these forums to respect everyone, no anger was expressed, I certainly am not mad or irritated.

You, for some reason, read my post as an insult which it is not. Just put me on your ignore list if I have offended you. I will do the same.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Don't have a clue as to how you got all of that out of my post. I simply agreed with another poster that your post seemed very similar to how another individual words his posts.

I go out of my way on these forums to respect everyone, no anger was expressed, I certainly am not mad or irritated.

You, for some reason, read my post as an insult which it is not. Just put me on your ignore list if I have offended you. I will do the same.
Sorry my friend.

:oops: