I am the proverbial COVID-19 lab rat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 20, 2009
Got a baseball size red patch like a mild sunburn at the top of my arm and its putting out heat. Its a little sore raising that arm out sideways, and tender to the touch but apart from that I still have no hairless tail growing off my hind quarters.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Got a baseball size red patch like a mild sunburn at the top of my arm and its putting out heat. Its a little sore raising that arm out sideways, and tender to the touch but apart from that I still have no hairless tail growing off my hind quarters.

Antenna popped out of the back of your neck yet? :p

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Interesting. Wife and I had same effect. Our first two Pfizer shots and felt nothing. Had booster shot Friday and we both got knocked out all day Saturday - slept in all day. No superpower yet tho.

Dood, you're not supposed to talk about the superpowers after the third jab.

When i got my Moderna booster the other day at publix I asked the immunologist what the difference was between the booster and the normal shot and she said the booster was a lower dosage. She said they give the full dose for a third shot if a person is immunocompromised.

Nov 20, 2009
Yesterday I got the second Moderna shot and was told by the pharmacist that most people feel sick for two days following the second Moderna shot. I had chills this morning. On Wednesday of next week I go and get the Pfizer Booster shot. Question is, should I try for the J&J one or hold off at only being doubly-vaccinated?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yesterday I got the second Moderna shot and was told by the pharmacist that most people feel sick for two days following the second Moderna shot. I had chills this morning. On Wednesday of next week I go and get the Pfizer Booster shot. Question is, should I try for the J&J one or hold off at only being doubly-vaccinated?

Were you advised to go get a booster of ANY type so soon after completing the original vaccine? I'm in no way qualified to make that call myself and am not a medical pro but that's the opposite of nearly everything I've read. (plus contradicts my own MD's & cardiologist's advice)

:confused:

I felt like I was getting sick but wasn't completely KO'ed by any of the 3 Moderna shots I've had. (2 originals + booster)

I had a slight fever and head/body aches plus a sore arm @ the injection point for all 3. I had the biggest reaction by far to shot #1, very little bordering on none for #2 and a milder version of the same side effects from the first shot from the booster.

Going way back to Jan/Feb 2020 I'm pretty sure I was exposed to Covid-19 through work well before it was officially even here by one or more of my drivers at the time. (we were meeting 10-20 direct flights from China every day and 4-5 from Italy @ JFK/EWR)

Possible this explains my strong immune-reaction to the first shot when most folks seemed to get much worse symptoms from #2?

Last edited:

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I don't think the J&J will do you any good, considering you already have essentially been boosted twice and soon plan to be boosted a 3rd time. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccine targets are not identical, but they are close to identical. The target of the J&J vaccine isn't much different either. If I were you, I'd wait for variant boosters (such as Omicron if it turns out important enough that variant gets its own booster).

As it is, you seem to be preparing the ultimate defense for a knife fight but are walking into a gun battle. Putting on more armor for knives won't do you much good.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 20, 2009
My vaccine history was Pfizer1-->Pfizer2-->Moderna1-->Moderna2-->Pfizer Booster (Wednesday)-->Moderna Booster (sometime next year.

• Wow

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
My vaccine history was Pfizer1-->Pfizer2-->Moderna1-->Moderna2-->Pfizer Booster (Wednesday)-->Moderna Booster (sometime next year.
You're so well vaccinated I think it's time to invest in other matters that can boost your health.

Vitamins
Get your vit D whole foods like fatty fish, mushrooms, etc. This must be complemented with K2 sources.
Eat vitamin C through frutis/veggies or supplements.

Nov 20, 2009
While I am a fat lazy bastard, ever since going on the 'zac I've been treadmilling five days a week, hitting a trail on Saturday mornings, eating Greek salads five times a week, lost 32 pounds in under four months, take vit C gummies, eat a bunch of Salmon, instead of snacking on 'the usual' I eat no sugar added apple sauce, gave up alcohol, coffee and soda, got off my BP meds for the first time since 2006. I am down to half mt Gout med but that still means no shrooms even though I love them.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Bit different here in NJ. My son just turned 12 and it was hard to find an appoinment with all the people getting their booster.

Nov 20, 2009
I am literally the poster child for Prozac. That sh!t needs to be put in the water, but then some of you would refuse to drink water or things with water in it and act out like Dr. Strangelove.

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I am literally the poster child for Prozac. That sh!t needs to be put in the water, but then some of you would refuse to drink water or things with water in it and act out like Dr. Strangelove.

Personally I prefer Xanax myself otherwise I fully support this idea!