i am so f'ing sick of Middleast politic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Let's return all immigrants from middle east to there unless they are firmly westernized, give Kuwait and Jordan a chance to evac some parts of their populations then glass it.

Do Mecca first and give them about an hour to yell huackbar then finish it.

ok i laughed a lil and that... huackbar. funny shiz

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Well if you're sick of this shit try voting for someone who would work on changing it. With Obama and Romney you're guaranteed 4 more years and possibly longer, of the same old shit. Check out Gary Johnson's platform.

Feb 4, 2009
Feral I fail to see the whine and I fail to understand you're insults. This will be my last response to you so I'll allow you to take the last shot.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
OP.

The Middle East represents a large percentage of the humans on the planet; they also have large problems which they and humans of other nationalities (some of whom have played a role in creating the problems) have and continue to try to solve to varying degrees of success for decades.

You are some dude on the internet who posts how his tender psyche has been outdone by the facts of life in the Middle East and can't someone please make it all stop?

That's called whining.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Sometimes, I think the world would be better off without religion.
You'd have to eradicate government too. Many that have no use for organized religion have found their guiding beacon - government. They don't think they worship, but they most certainly do.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Even if we removed all of the troops from the ME, you cant escape Islam. We have large pockets of Islamists in Europe now due to immigration from the Middle east and immigration is ongoing. In a hundred years time its easy to see Western Europe being majority Islamic at the current rate, so yea get used to it. The only exception is if our "leaders" would not make excuses for the lack of assimilation in the West, but thats not going to happen.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
We need space travel. This is the cure for everything. Anyone not "in" on it will then be left in his shithole desert to rot, not the problem of anyone else.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
We need space travel. This is the cure for everything. Anyone not "in" on it will then be left in his shithole desert to rot, not the problem of anyone else.

Only if we use it to ship Islam as a whole to Mars, without terraforming it first.

I'm not ready to cede our homeworld to these barbarians. This is where all our great art, culture, statues, architecture reside. This is where all human greatness has transpired. Earth should forever be the seat of human civilization, let THEM be the ones to leave, at lasergunpoint, and once they arrive on Mars, nuke Mars.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
You do know that the left wing eco-fascists are trying to shut down fracking and mining the oil sands don't you? If the left get their way we'll be even more dependent on middle east oil.

They should shut down the oil sands or limit it to our use only. it takes like two barrels of oil energy to produce one barrel of oil. It's the dirtiest oil in the world, we need to keep that carbon in the ground. We get next to nothing selling all that shit to America so why bother?

In vensuala there gas is 20 cents a litre and they have their own refineries. Not Canada, now there will be no processing, just ship the bitumen straight south.

and Facking is incredibly immoral, do you know what it is?

BTW, did you know Canada actually buys oil from Vensuala? Did you know that our electric bills are raised to pay for hydro dams to produce electricity to sell to the states at much lower rate then WE PAY? and the price is tied to the price of natural gas which is low partly due to fracking.

The way we sell energy to the states is embarrassing. And you call people that want to help the planet fascists? You moron.

Last edited:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
These feelings of isolationism are nothing new to our country, we have gone through this in several times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolationism

Just remember, each time in history when we said "your problem, not mine", it actually ended up being a problem we had to deal with.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
They should shut down the oil sands or limit it to our use only. it takes like two barrels of oil energy to produce one barrel of oil. It's the dirtiest oil in the world, we need to keep that carbon in the ground. We get next to nothing selling all that shit to America so why bother?

In vensuala there gas is 20 cents a litre and they have their own refineries. Not Canada, now there will be no processing, just ship the bitumen straight south.

and Facking is incredibly immoral, do you know what it is?

BTW, did you know Canada actually buys oil from Vensuala? Did you know that our electric bills are raised to pay for hydro dams to produce electricity to sell to the states at much lower rate then WE PAY? and the price is tied to the price of natural gas which is low partly due to fracking.

The way we sell energy to the states is embarrassing. And you call people that want to help the planet fascists? You moron.

Fess up, you're a Newfie aren't you?

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Canada just discovered a HUGE shale oil deposit.. billions and billions barrels of oil.. and coincidentally, they might re-birth the AVRO ARROW thee most advanced fighter jet EVER (in the 50's) it can fly 20,000 feet higher then the F35 and cruise at... a lot. They might be getting worried the USA might attack us.

I am sure the Canadian military would love the addition of some 1950's technology, especially that of an interceptor. Interceptors were designed to combat the threat of long range, high altitude, soviet strategic nuclear bombers. ICBMs have replaced the role strategic nuclear bombers.

Because of this, interceptors of this kind (MIG-25) are all but obsolete.

Just sayin...

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Religion has done a lot of good for humanity.

After the collapse of Rome, it was the monasteries that taught people how to read and write.

A tiny minority. And killed you if you wrote anything heretical.

Then there are the charitable organizations, such as the catholic hospitals that serve under-privileged areas. A good number of rural hospitals throughout the US are run by the catholic church.

Where are the atheist non-profit charity hospitals serving rural areas?

It's called Medicaid.

Feed the children is one of the best run charities out there.

It doesn't require its donors to be Christian. Doesn't say its volunteers have to be, either.
And its efforts don't come close to that of the secular US Government.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
I am sure the Canadian military would love the addition of some 1950's technology, especially that of an interceptor. Interceptors were designed to combat the threat of long range, high altitude, soviet strategic nuclear bombers. ICBMs have replaced the role strategic nuclear bombers.

Because of this, interceptors of this kind (MIG-25) are all but obsolete.

Just sayin...

Just move along... it's about waving the flag:mad:

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Sometimes, I think the world would be better off without religion.

i'm an atheist, but do you really think the middle east's problems would just disappear if they were atheists? it's the region with the most valuable resource on EARTH! You're telling me humans would all of a sudden get along and just sell it without any conflicts?

Saddam Hussein was a complete secularist, the guy didn't even know how to pray on national television & was following what the clerics were doing (nobody in Iraq dared mock him, but outside Iraq it was hilarious to watch), but that hardly stopped him from invading Kuwait.

It's in the nature of humans to follow in group/out group dynamics and fight over resources. When the colonialists created ALOT of ingroup/out group dynamics by creating completely artificial countries (yea, Iraq is a country of 3 different religion/ethnic groups and they're all supposed to get along), u get a messed up situation. simple as that.

All u can do is protest when western governments want to get involved in middle eastern politics again.