i am so f'ing sick of Middleast politic

Feb 4, 2009
After last nights events and Isreal complaining for more Iran help, plus the mess in Afghanistan. I'm done, all aid, support, troops, contractors need to be removed. The money saved should go 100% to energy research any type. Better nuclear, more efficient homes and cars better solar to compete with China hell who knows maybe the holy grail of fusion could be found. F all these guys that can't control maniacs then want money.

Nov 29, 2006
Id be fine with that as well. Either glass parking lot the whole area including Isreal or get out and let them fight it out. Worthless area of the world.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Glass parking lot.....I like that.....how about one big ass solar-panel? That should provide enough energy. Seriously, we should just get the fuck out of the ME, let israel deal with their own shit and such, stop buying oil from iran/iraq/whatever country. I also say move the UN to isreal.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
After last nights events and Isreal complaining for more Iran help, plus the mess in Afghanistan. I'm done, all aid, support, troops, contractors need to be removed. The money saved should go 100% to energy research any type. Better nuclear, more efficient homes and cars better solar to compete with China hell who knows maybe the holy grail of fusion could be found. F all these guys that can't control maniacs then want money.
all aid, support, troops, contractors need to be removed.

100% agreed. If our mission isn't killing, then we shouldn't be there.

Feb 4, 2009
I think Suadi Arabia and Kuwait are the only ones we buy from. Saudi Arabia isn't really a friend but at least they keep their mouths shut. Kuwait seems like a decent friend. We still should look elsewhere.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Attention World: You will now cease all attempts to find solutions to problems in the Middle East because some dude on the internet is sick of it.

All-About-Me.jpg

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Sometimes? I think this all the time.

Religion has done a lot of good for humanity.

After the collapse of Rome, it was the monasteries that taught people how to read and write.

Then there are the charitable organizations, such as the catholic hospitals that serve under-privileged areas. A good number of rural hospitals throughout the US are run by the catholic church.

Where are the atheist non-profit charity hospitals serving rural areas?

Feed the children is one of the best run charities out there.

But on the other hand, we have radicals that kill people in the name of religion.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I think Suadi Arabia and Kuwait are the only ones we buy from. Saudi Arabia isn't really a friend but at least they keep their mouths shut. Kuwait seems like a decent friend. We still should look elsewhere.

What do you mean they keep their mouths shut?

Feb 4, 2009
Attention World: You will now cease all attempts to find solutions to problems in the Middle East because some dude on the internet is sick of it.

All-About-Me.jpg

I don't agree several other of the now 48 people who viewed this seem to agree. I see the solution as not meddling around in the ME and energy independence is the key.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Sometimes, I think the world would be better off without religion.

No it wouldn't. Didn't you see the south park episode? Religion doesn't have anything to do with it. People kill each other over power and use religion as an excuse, but any other excuse can substitute. For example, the progressive atheists (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol-Pot, etc) have killed a hundred times more people than all religious conflicts combined.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Canada just discovered a HUGE shale oil deposit.. billions and billions barrels of oil.. and coincidentally, they might re-birth the AVRO ARROW thee most advanced fighter jet EVER (in the 50's) it can fly 20,000 feet higher then the F35 and cruise at... a lot. They might be getting worried the USA might attack us.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Canada just discovered a HUGE shale oil deposit.. billions and billions barrels of oil.. and coincidentally, they might re-birth the AVRO ARROW thee most advanced fighter jet EVER (in the 50's) it can fly 20,000 feet higher then the F35 and cruise at... a lot. They might be getting worried the USA might attack us.

You do know that the left wing eco-fascists are trying to shut down fracking and mining the oil sands don't you? If the left get their way we'll be even more dependent on middle east oil.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As on one hand our OP is maybe correct, why should the US government spend a dime on the mid-east and just let those squabbling idiots solve it on their own.

On the other hand, our OP's strategy is the strategy of an Ostrich. Stick your head into a hole in the ground and put ear plugs in your ears. In short it does not make the problems go away, especially since bad US foreign policy of the past has made mid-east problems far worse.

As for me, as a early baby boomer, I have lived most of my life under the threat of Russian nuclear annialtion with its Mutual assured destruction doctrine. And I have also spent most of my life under the fact that the entire mid-east is an explosive tinder box most likely to ignite a hypothetical WW3 that could well go nuclear.

The Russian threat is very much abated post 1990, but the mid-east is more unstable and volitile than at any time in my life.

So I pay attention to mid-east issues that are bound to profoundly affect my future. And sad to say, OP, the more I know the more it sickens me and scares the hell out of me to follow mid-east issues.

Last edited:

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Let's return all immigrants from middle east to there unless they are firmly westernized, give Kuwait and Jordan a chance to evac some parts of their populations then glass it.

Do Mecca first and give them about an hour to yell huackbar then finish it.

Feb 4, 2009
As on one hand our OP is maybe correct, why should the US government spend a dime on the mid-east and just let those squabbling idiots solve it on their own.

On the other hand, our OP's strategy is the strategy of an Ostrich. Stick your head into a hole in the ground and put ear plugs in your ears. In short it does not make the problems go away, especially since bad US foreign policy of the past has made mid-east problems far worse.

As for me, as a early baby boomer, I have lived most of my life under the threat of Russian nuclear annialtion with its Mutual assured destruction doctrine. And I have also spent most of my life under the fact that the entire mid-east is an explosive tinder box most likely to ignite a hypothetical WW3 that could well go nuclear.

The Russian threat is very much abated post 1990, but the mid-east is more unstable and volitile than at any time in my life.

So I pay attention to mid-east issues that are bound to profoundly affect my future. And sad to say, OP, the more I know the more it sickens me and scares the hell out of me to follow mid-east issues.

Well said, I am tired of the endless quagmire the Middleast generates. Its basic stuff for these guys to send some police over to secure the place. The thing that is offensive is the diplomat who was killed was a huge supporter of Libya, when rebel groups were forming he would leave the embassy to meet them. The ball is in Libya's court its time for them to man up.
I agree abandoning an area that we helpedscrew up is wrong but at this point it really seems like the best option.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I don't agree several other of the now 48 people who viewed this seem to agree. I see the solution as not meddling around in the ME and energy independence is the key.

48,000 people could view this and agree with you; that doesn't make you any less of a whining noob.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1005395.jpg

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I agree the ME is a shit hole. Let them wallow in their own shit and cut them all off.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

yes. Lets stop paying for people to hate us. However I will not lump in Isreal in with its neighbors.