I am seriously bored...

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't know what to do with myself anymore and it really sucks.

I graduated from university in August, so now I don't have anything to do in my evenings.

I work 7:30-3:30 everyday, get home by 4:30.

I play hockey, but games are usually once every 7 to 10 days.

I have just starting to go back to the gym which I'm sure will end up taking at least 3 days a week for an hour and I'll get home for 6:00.

I feel like I should be trying to advance at something. My career, improve my health, etc, but I just don't have any motivation to do anything.

I don't even feel like playing video games. I feel like I've outgrown them and am wasting my time playing them.

I only visit like 3 or 4 websites.

I feel like I'm in a rut and I don't know what to do. Has anyone else been here before?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Sell plasma. You'll meet interesting people and make a little extra cash to boot.

darthsidious

Jul 13, 2005
Read stuff. I wish I had more time to read...

Also, try developing a hobby. Maybe something that you had an interest in earlier, but never had time to persue it fully.

Cook fancy dinners. That'll eat up time, you'll learn interesting skills that few people have, and you can use your cooking skills to impress dates.

And as others have said, a woman can't hurt.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Join a church...meet women.

Become a Catholic, that way you'll get back some of that blood you sold as plasma.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: BigToque

I graduated from university in August, so now I don't have anything to do in my evenings.

I have just starting to go back to the gym which I'm sure will end up taking at least 3 days a week for an hour and I'll get home for 6:00.

I feel like I should be trying to advance at something. My career, improve my health, etc, but I just don't have any motivation to do anything.

I don't even feel like playing video games. I feel like I've outgrown them and am wasting my time playing them.

I feel like I'm in a rut and I don't know what to do. Has anyone else been here before?

yea, I was in this rut for about 8 years so I went to China to get myself a virgin bride.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Welcome to real life. :)

I am in the same boat you are. I work 7AM-4PM; sit on the PC the rest of the time.

Unless you are a millionaire life isn't that exciting.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: bennylong
Originally posted by: BigToque

yea, I was in this rut for about 8 years so I went to China to get myself a virgin bride.

lmao

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Originally posted by: bigdog1218
Thats better than working 12pm-12am and not having time to do anything.

I used to do that. I did my time. ;)

Now I have a cushy office job.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
You could always pick up a couple vices. Mine are women, drinking, and recently smokin (the legal kind). I dont have high aspirations of longevity. :( No worries about retirement though :)

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
Start shooting dope? In all seriousness though, do you have friends to go out with after you get home from work/gym/etc? Don't stay home, it will just make you bored.

Aztech

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Trinitron
Welcome to real life. :)

I am in the same boat you are. I work 7AM-4PM; sit on the PC the rest of the time.

Unless you are a millionaire life isn't that exciting.
Oh come on, that's not true. You could have fun with half a million. ;)

Seriously though, you need to meet people and do stuff with them. Sign up for something or another. Of course I say all this as I sit here bored and surfing the net like I always do...:(

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
Apply for a job that takes up more time?

Seriously. At least that way you'll have your day wasted.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Take dancing lessons, learn different recipes for cooking, learn to play guitar/piano, go to church, get a pet etc.

Or take up WoW and you'll forget about everything else. lol