I am preparing to sue the US government over military weapons

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4644

(Edited: OK OK I didnt really email this to anyone, but I was really pissed about the story)

Sir,

I was recently incensed by the news that an alleged illegal immigrant had stockpiled thousands of military weapons in New Mexico. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020818/ap_on_re_us/missiles_found_1

This shocking story makes me wonder if I can sue the INS, ATF, FBI, DOD, or federal officials for failing to prevent this man from obtaining these weapons. If you could give me a brief explanation of my basic rights, I would greatly appreciate your effort.

Why do I continue to pay taxes if ?they? cannot prevent ?anti-tank? rounds from reaching the hands of potential criminals.

Sincerely,

What do you all think?

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
geez are you retarded? they can't prevent everything.. you think the world is perfect or something? wake up and go outside man..

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
With a few exceptions, there is nothing illegal about owning military-grade weapons. It's a big nono on the supplier's end, but for the civvie it's a no harm/no foul situation.

For reference, check google for a guy who has bought two functional F-104 Starfighters. Gov't threw a hissy-fit, but couldn't take them back because he broke no law in obtaining them.

D

Deleted member 4644

Obviously, they cant prevent everything, but I want to know why we allow so many illegals in this country. And when we do, why do we allow them to become the pres of a company that can stockpile 2500 M141 Bunker Defeat Munitions.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m141.htm

I think someone needs to get up and SMACK the government before someone smacks LA or NY with a goddamn NUKE.

zer0burn

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2002
there go some more tax dollars down the drain. Just think they now have to allocate more funds to fight frivolous lawsuits like this and it takes away from protecting your basic rights.

Here in Canada you couldnt do half the lawsuits that go on within the states.

I mean sueing fast food places because your fat. Or having a coffee between your legs burning yourself and sueing for millions...

When will it end.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: LordSegan
I have forwarded the following message to several lawyers:

Sir,

I was recently incensed by the news that an alleged illegal immigrant had stockpiled thousands of military weapons in New Mexico. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020818/ap_on_re_us/missiles_found_1

This shocking story makes me wonder if I can sue the INS, ATF, FBI, DOD, or federal officials for failing to prevent this man from obtaining these weapons. If you could give me a brief explanation of my basic rights, I would greatly appreciate your effort.

Why do I continue to pay taxes if ?they? cannot prevent ?anti-tank? rounds from reaching the hands of potential criminals.

Sincerely,

Derek Director, www.dailybruin.ucla.edu
UCLA

What do you all think?

I think you are stoned, high or both.

-PAB

D

Deleted member 4644

How you would you all feel if your mom was killed by one of these little firecrackers? Think about it before you answer me.

PS-- IF average citizens can own weapons like this, there is something fusked up with our country.

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Someone's tinfoil hat's on a bit tight...

Ha fusking Ha. Im glad you all take it so lightly that people can so easily get these weapons.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I want one. Bad.

I also want a machine gun for my truck. I know they sell them, I saw one for about $2k/ bead mounted and everything.

I wonder how many laws that breaks?

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: Evadman
I want one. Bad.

I also want a machine gun for my truck. I know they sell them, I saw one for about $2k/ bead mounted and everything.

I wonder how many laws that breaks?

ROFL :Q
rolleye.gif
;)

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: TimidOCer
Your a F*cking dumbarse.

That is all.

/me Weeps

ok.. ok...

I get the point. I was actually kidding about actually sending it to a lawyer. (I didnt) But I wanted to see how you all would react to it.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Jesus, unbunch yourself. They have a permit you can get, it just wasn't filed by this guy's company. So it was a paperwork error, not some illegal smuggling ring. Yes, he was illegal, but so what? It's not like he went shooting up a city with the LAWs. Oh yeah, did you happent o read that there were no launching devices? Unless he's throwing them real hard, he ain't gonna go sh!t with them.

Part of the drawbacks of living in a free country is that people can do things you don't approve of. That doesn't mean you get to friggin sue the gov't because they didn't meet YOUR expectations. Besides, they caught the guy; sounds like they did do their job. Sure, a newspapaer tipped them off, but that's the way it works sometimes.

Where do you get off calling him a "potential criminal"? He ran an ANTI-terrorist consulting firm, to train ALLIES of the US. Sounds like he's really a potential criminal. As for being an illegal, sh!t, he's from Canada, not Iraq.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I was recently incensed by the news that an alleged illegal immigrant had stockpiled thousands of military weapons in New Mexico.
Hey, I'm with you man. What really pisses me off, though, is how this guy could have thousands of these rockets while I've managed to acquire none. I want some rockets, too, damnit!

Hell if these things are for sale, the military should at least let us know so we can get in on the action.

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: d33pt
geez are you retarded? they can't prevent everything.. you think the world is perfect or something? wake up and go outside man..

Um, I could see if the guy had a few of them, but 2,352 unregistered small military missiles worth $54 million is ridiculous. Maybe the poster is going way to far, but someone has to answer for this.

schmedy

Golden Member
Dec 31, 1999
Well LordSegan don't you fret one bit since you are in ultra-liberal Republik of Kalifornia and it is illegal to even own a firecracker you life will be spared. You are one of those wackko's out there wanting to ban the sale of ammo in LA so gangs can't get it, yes all of the weapons gangs get are thru legal means. Go pray to you statue of Boxer and Feinstein and you will be whisked away to the land of stupid laws and all will be well. No I remembered one of the reasons I left CA, gun grabbing nuts like you who think that everyone is out to get them.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Um... what is your grounds for suing?

Can you show damages?

No? Then on what grounds are you going to claim that the gov't owes you money?

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Um... what is your grounds for suing?

Can you show damages?

No? Then on what grounds are you going to claim that the gov't owes you money?

sue on the grounds that the illegal immigrant stole your job as "illegal arms supplier" .... what is this world coming to when nutjobs rely on immigrants rather than good ole' American know-how...

this guy is taking away your job!!!

:D