I am one stupid kid -- EDIT: I got the stitches

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I like to juggle knives. I use it as a stress relieve kind of thing. And for as long as I could throw something I havn't been hurt. That is until today. I have this weighted thing that fun to throw and what not. Well today I was tossing it up like I normally do. But instead of catching the handle I cought the tip into the meat of my hand, right below the thumb. I really should go get stitches, it is deep. It didnt bleed much but it is one deep wound. Instead i got butterfly bandages and tapped it up. I bandaged my thumb so I dont move it for a few days.
I am one stupid kid. Stabbed myself in my hand...

EDIT: they gave me 3 of them. And they gave me a tetnus shot. It was fun. The best part was they were packed and I still got done in less then an hour. Sorry, no pics.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I get the neighborhood kids to throw darts at me penis, it's a good stress releiver :confused:

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I get the neighborhood kids to throw darts at me penis, it's a good stress releiver
Funny, I juggle knives with my penis. They call me 'stubby'. Weird that! :confused:

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: illusion88
I like to juggle knives. I use it as a stress relieve kind of thing. And for as long as I could throw something I havn't been hurt. That is until today. I have this weighted thing that fun to throw and what not. Well today I was tossing it up like I normally do. But instead of catching the handle I cought the tip into the meat of my hand, right below the thumb. I really should go get stitches, it is deep. It didnt bleed much but it is one deep wound. Instead i got butterfly bandages and tapped it up. I bandaged my thumb so I dont move it for a few days.
I am one stupid kid. Stabbed myself in my hand...

rolleye.gif
Go to the hospital. You may need to get some meat stitched back together....
<Kids!! At least their someone else's.... :Q :eek:

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
yeah I might. In like 12 hours if it isnt sealed I will. It was a clean wound, small slash mostly puncture. what I was really supprised about was it didnt bleed even thought it was opened up. It only bleed a little.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: notfred
I get the neighborhood kids to throw darts at me penis, it's a good stress releiver :confused:

It probably works better with huge wooden mallet.

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
lol. You should go to the hospital, but knowing me, I wouldn't go if I did that.

Yes, the first statement did sum everything up.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: tcsenter
I get the neighborhood kids to throw darts at me penis, it's a good stress releiver
Funny, I juggle knives with my penis. They call me 'stubby'. Weird that! :confused:

Isn't that vierd?
:) sorry

But yeah in response to grasshoppers post. Dammit man! If he doesn't go to the hospital that doesn't make him stupid, good lord, run to the hospital over every little flesh wound....sheesh. "Oh no I stubbed my toe, take me to the emergency room!"....

Put a band-aid on it and suck it up sissy.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: illusion88
yeah I might. In like 12 hours if it isnt sealed I will. It was a clean wound, small slash mostly puncture. what I was really supprised about was it didnt bleed even thought it was opened up. It only bleed a little.
if this has happened in the last 4 hours go.
Otherwise get the neosporin and peroxide and keep it clean. how deep did it go? pics? ;)

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
It's not so much the cut, it's the risk of infection. (as long as your thumb still works right that is) Deep wounds need to be irrigated and cleaned very well or you are just asking for trouble. BTW, when was your last tetanus shot?

...juggling knives :confused:

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I have full movement and feelng in my thumb. My cap refill is normal. And every four hours i plan on cleaning it. Right now I got it wrapped up with butterfly bandages. Its my second wrap. What I also did is wrap it so I cant move my thumb, cause i was reopening it. When I clean it I might get pics. Ill probally have a friend help me and he/she could take the pictures. It was a very clean blade and my last tetanus was like 8 or 9 years ago.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
You need another tetanus shot, be a good boy and go get one. they are only good for 5 years of "heavy use" (ie, STABS), or up to 10 years for minor scratches. Thats what the trauma docs always tell me.

Now that dermabond is some great stuff, but NEVER use it on a wound that has not been completely disinfected.