I am on the fence for I think I am going to regret selling this :(

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001

Talk me into keeping it up for sale, or keep it, for I feel if I get my asking ($500) I would let her go, but if not, I am feeling I should keep it.

Reactions: gameronboard

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Keep it! In your living room. Women LOVE bulky, garish electronics as the dominant decor.

Or, or, buy a rotted out, malaise era Camaro and a cheap trailer and cruise the neighborhood with it in tow. You'll be sure to score the woman of your dreams. Not my dreams, let's be clear here. Your dreams.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
I just unloaded 3 arcades from my garage. The real McCoy's including an original Donkey Kong. They were not mine but lived in my garage for 15 years. People want original machines. Your hybrid play any game machine has no value but to you. Keep it.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Do you still use it? Will you miss it?
I got an AtGames Legends Ultimate earlier this year (and a riser, since I'm not a shortie), and I love putting some tunes on in the background, pouring a beer, and just picking a few games and playing for a while.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I just unloaded 3 arcades from my garage. The real McCoy's including an original Donkey Kong. They were not mine but lived in my garage for 15 years. People want original machines. Your hybrid play any game machine has no value but to you. Keep it.
The Legends Ultimate has sold out a couple times this year (and goes for $600), so I don't think that's accurate. A cab that only plays one game is of no interest to me.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Mine plays real 12 games by midway, and it is licensed by midway as well. It also has a switch under it so you can hook other stuff up to it, and I have wired it in such a way it is 5.1 surround sound in PLII or Digital. Yes I am going to miss it I think, for I did more to it then it, or even the newer ones can do, by adding special lights, and drilling holes so they shine and blink with sound, and added in real surround sound, not cheap, with name speakers, and a sub......but that being said, I'm broke all the time, and I love electronics and I have some other projects I would love to do. I think I will miss it, gets played meh by all but the wife, and it is way bigger then a one up pos, with a CRT tv in it, so light guns work on it, but in a perfect world, I would keep it and keep building, but it is not so I have to make decisions.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sell the kids. They can bring pretty good money, and you can get more electronics.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Mine plays real 12 games by midway, and it is licensed by midway as well. It also has a switch under it so you can hook other stuff up to it, and I have wired it in such a way it is 5.1 surround sound in PLII or Digital. Yes I am going to miss it I think, for I did more to it then it, or even the newer ones can do, by adding special lights, and drilling holes so they shine and blink with sound, and added in real surround sound, not cheap, with name speakers, and a sub......but that being said, I'm broke all the time, and I love electronics and I have some other projects I would love to do. I think I will miss it, gets played meh by all but the wife, and it is way bigger then a one up pos, with a CRT tv in it, so light guns work on it, but in a perfect world, I would keep it and keep building, but it is not so I have to make decisions.
You can get an add-on to get light guns working on the newer LCD cabs, and have the added bonus of much lower power consumption (lower electric bills ;)) and less weight/bulk versus a CRT. The Arcade1up units are pretty decent from what I hear, I don't own one yet, but I'm getting the 4 player X-men in November, just so I have a 4 player cab in addition to my ALU.
I guess you then need to weigh the wife happiness factor in the sale, if she's the main one that uses it, it's hard to put a pricetag on that :D

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
She has yet to touch it :p
As far as a gun working on a LCD, it is still in the works from what I saw Linus do a thing over, and even then, what I am asking for my unit will not be enough, or me have enough to buy it :( (yet)
I have 3 other OG xboxs and I was able to get NOS light guns for them, and off ebay to go from that connection to a USB which I am soon to try on a Pi and see if it will see them. My PC sees the guns when I plug them in, but because I do not have a crt monitor, cannot try them on it. Once the other guns come out, and I watched a video where a one up is coming out with guns, will then wait and see what other do to it, to crack it and make it maybe the best emulation rig out there.

Mine is larger then a one up, and does not require a desk, or added cost base to get it off the floor. And even after doing all that mine is still larger and I would say its about a 1:4 of the real deal in size. I think I am just going to keep her for the time being. I have some new sticks and light up buttons I am going to put in my Legends Pro Sticks, and take its old button and sticks and put it in this thing. The more I look at it, if I do that, then I will run a LCD in it replacing the small 13" crt. Adding much better buttons and sticks, a lcd larger tv, my kick butt lights I got going on, and DD 5.1 may be worth even much more, or enticing to another person willing to pay.

So thanks to all in helping make the error of my ways, I will miss it big time, and still have more upgrades now to do to it. My lights are the party piece of it I feel, and if you did not see them in the video, may want to rewatch and tell me how cool that really is :D

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
She has yet to touch it :p
As far as a gun working on a LCD, it is still in the works from what I saw Linus do a thing over, and even then, what I am asking for my unit will not be enough, or me have enough to buy it :( (yet)
I have 3 other OG xboxs and I was able to get NOS light guns for them, and off ebay to go from that connection to a USB which I am soon to try on a Pi and see if it will see them. My PC sees the guns when I plug them in, but because I do not have a crt monitor, cannot try them on it. Once the other guns come out, and I watched a video where a one up is coming out with guns, will then wait and see what other do to it, to crack it and make it maybe the best emulation rig out there.

Mine is larger then a one up, and does not require a desk, or added cost base to get it off the floor. And even after doing all that mine is still larger and I would say its about a 1:4 of the real deal in size. I think I am just going to keep her for the time being. I have some new sticks and light up buttons I am going to put in my Legends Pro Sticks, and take its old button and sticks and put it in this thing. The more I look at it, if I do that, then I will run a LCD in it replacing the small 13" crt. Adding much better buttons and sticks, a lcd larger tv, my kick butt lights I got going on, and DD 5.1 may be worth even much more, or enticing to another person willing to pay.

So thanks to all in helping make the error of my ways, I will miss it big time, and still have more upgrades now to do to it. My lights are the party piece of it I feel, and if you did not see them in the video, may want to rewatch and tell me how cool that really is :D
I was just looking at this gun setup yesterday, probably a bit pricey for me right now, but maybe in the future: https://www.ultimarc.com/light-guns/aimtrak-light-gun/aim-trak-light-gun/

I didn't watch the video at all, I rarely watch any videos posted here. But it sounds like you've been convinced!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Just sell it and get a PS5 or XBox Series X and play some real games.
Meh. I own a PS4, a Switch, a 3DS XL, and a gaming PC, they all get played, and all offer their own gaming experience.

Edit: Obviously, in addition to my ALU cab.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Meh. I own a PS4, a Switch, a 3DS XL, and a gaming PC, they all get played, and all offer their own gaming experience.

Edit: Obviously, in addition to my ALU cab.

I was being facetious. Old school games have a nice nostalgia to them, and so does playing at an arcade cabinet, at least for those of us that were around when arcades were a big thing and like at every mall.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I was being facetious. Old school games have a nice nostalgia to them, and so does playing at an arcade cabinet, at least for those of us that were around when arcades were a big thing and like at every mall.
Aha :)
Yes, I spent many an hour at Aladdin's Castle in the mall.