I am officially done with the Phoenix Suns

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
New coach, washed up players. They are trading players left and right. It all went down hill when we lost Marion last year for...Shaq.

Anyone else sick of the Suns?

note: for those of you who have always thought the Suns sucked, flame away. I just might join you.

TheInternet1980

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2006
Sounds like the Cleveland Browns.

And you have a Bill Hicks quote for a sig. This automatically makes you +1 above all other ATOT'ers. +5000 above dNor.

Sorry about your team however. Liking a franchise that is consistently fucking up and rebuilding is frustrating. Even more frustrating is if you buy season tickets for said franchise every year.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
As you can see from my sig - I dislike the Suns. It's a shame that Porter isn't panning out, but they really should have tried for Avery as their coach. There's a lot for them to do to get back in the game - they won't survive the playoffs.

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
I have lost all faith. I was at the Rockets game when the fight broke out, it's so petty. Now, they don't have Bell who at least tried to make plays consistently.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
You wouldn't be crying if the Lakers weren't running away with your Division. Whiny fans suck major ass. I like Porter, and several of you "washed up players"

boo hoo!

Go Blazers! :thumbsup:

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
I am glad you like several of the "washed up" players on the Suns. I did to, but when they were younger and winning championships. Now, they are old, full of health problems and constantly MIA from games.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
This is a good trade for the Suns. Shaq, Amare, Barnes, JRich, Nash

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: queenrobot
I am glad you like several of the "washed up" players on the Suns. I did to, but when they were younger and winning championships. Now, they are old, full of health problems and constantly MIA from games.

Erm, that'd be Shaq - only person on that team who's even played in the Finals. The Suns have the talent, even now with the trade they made - they just don't have the chemistry.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000

Shaq, Hill and Nash are old, but you just got younger trading for Richardson, Amare is a stud and Barnes just threw up 25/10. Barbosa? C'mon, You got plenty of talent and young guys.

Get in the playoffs and the Suns could compete with anybody, but hey... Just do like the other bandwagon jumping, whiny ass, crybaby NBA fans and go with the Celts or Lakers :confused:

Thanks for Rudy though :thumbsup:

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: rbV5

Shaq, Hill and Nash are old, but you just got younger trading for Richardson, Amare is a stud and Barnes just threw up 25/10. Barbosa? C'mon, You got plenty of talent and young guys.

Get in the playoffs and the Suns could compete with anybody, but hey... Just do like the other bandwagon jumping, whiny ass, crybaby NBA fans and go with the Celts or Lakers :confused:

The Suns traded Rondo, Nate Robinson, and Luol Deng as well.
Remember that draft where the Suns just traded away their picks for straight cash? Unbelievable.

p.s. Go Spurs... (GINOBILI!!!!)

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
I guess we will just see what the season brings. I just don't see it being as fun to watch as before. :confused:

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: dbk
Originally posted by: rbV5

The Suns traded Rondo, Nate Robinson, and Luol Deng as well.
Remember that draft where the Suns just traded away their picks for straight cash? Unbelievable.

Yea, Portland got James Jones and draft rights for Rudy Fernandes for like $3 mil from the Suns 2 years ago...:D

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Full disclosure-I'm a laker fan

That being said, whats interesting about the Suns situation is they made the Shaq deal and the porter decision to try and shore up the defense, yet 1/4 of the way into the season they got rid of their best defender for more offense in J-Rich.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
"What were they thinking" ?

"Oh shit, we are about to get owned by the Lakers"

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
Ive been a suns fan for forever and I actually see no problem with the trade.

You have to admit that Boris Diaws contract was GREATLY inflated based on his skills and Raja Bell has declined in play almost as fast as Steve Nash has lately.

Raja has had his worst year stats wise so far. Boris Diaws numbers decrease each year since he signed the contract. I think of it as addition by subtraction. The Suns unloaded Boris Diaws' horrible contract in exchange for letting go of Raja Bell. They will have more free space in the next couple years to add new players.

Face it: The suns weren't close to winning anything this year. At best, they were going to get into the playoffs then lose in the first round. At worst, they weren't going to make the playoffs at all.

Raja Bell was 32 and MAYBE has a couple years left in him.
Boris Diaws' nickname is Doris. 'Nuff Said.

The only problem I really see is going to be shot distribution. We have a lot of people who want to take a lot of shots and have the ball in their hand (J-Rich, STAT, Shaq, Barbosa when he is in). Its going to be hard to correctly distribute the ball to everyone and keep everyone happy. I think chemistry will be the biggest problem the suns have moving forward.