I Am Legend Audiobook – Unabridged (free @ Amazon)

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Supposed to be much better than the movie.

The basis for the film starring Academy Award nominee Will Smith, I Am Legend is a classic of horror and suspense. First published in 1954, I Am Legend was Richard Matheson's first SF novel, and established his reputation as a pre-eminent figure in SF.

In I Am Legend, a terrible plague has decimated the world, and those who were unfortunate enough to survive are transformed into blood-thirsty creatures of the night. Robert Neville is the last living man on earth. Every other man, woman, and child has become a vampire, and they are all hungry for Neville's blood. By day, he is the hunter, stalking the sleeping undead through the abandoned ruins of civilization. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for the dawn. How long can one man survive in a world of vampires?
https://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Legend/dp/B000V5QJC2

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I love audio books, listen to them during my commute but I get them free from my library which has 2 vendors to choose online audio books from. This offer makes you join Audible although its free for one month. You can at anytime join Audible with a free one month and a free download. Question is if you are already a member of audible is this book free?

BTW the movie was ok but I heard the book was great.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Supposed to be much better than the movie.

I'd hope so. After seeing they remaking the movie with Will Smith, I was pumped and watched it at the theater. I just couldn't believe how much of the story they changed from the book. Especially the ending. o_O

It reminds me of Upton Sinclair's book 'Oil!', which eventually was retitled 'There Will Be Blood ' since there were too many changes. That movie however was excellent.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I think the Charlton Heston version was way better than the WS one.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I think the Charlton Heston version was way better than the WS one.

Agreed. The old one was a little cheesy (just like the other movies of that era like Planet of the Apes), but it was so much closer to the book than the WS version.

Reactions: Thebobo