I am le sad

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Stupid male pattern baldness.

I have a filter deal that sits over the drain in my shower to catch hair, because it constantly clogs it up. After every shower there's a nice clump of it there. When I put gel in my hair, I get at least 4 or 5 hairs that'll come out stuck to my hands. This is very saddening. Makes me wish I didn't give up the hippy look so I could continue to have stupid long hair while I can.

Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
Gel in the hair can cause the hair to fall out (or so the barber told me)...once i found that out i stopped using gel, i used to use it every day.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Welcome to the club. :)

BTW, the more extra crap you use on your hair, such as gel and hairspray, will make you lose it faster.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
just shave it off man. or at least get it really short if it isn't already. i know you love your hair, but if you love something, set it free. :)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Better find yourself a woman before your baldness becomes evident.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jtvang125
Just shave it all off. A lot of women these days dig the bald look.

yep. both Bruce WIllis and Andre Agassi pulled it off quite nicely

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Zolty
rogain?

I'd been joking with my dad over the past few years that I'd need to start using it by the time I was 25. Looks like I was a bit generous haha.

I'll stop using the gel. It's just hard to fight the bed head. That's what I thought was up with the two spots, since that's about where my head ends up hitting the pillow while I'm asleep (I sleep belly down).

I also have nasty dandruff on just the left side of my scalp. H&S barely helps :( Hell, my eyebrows have dandruff.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Man, 4-5 hairs when you put gel in your hair? I give my hair a stroke with a comb and I get a comb full of hair. Literally a fist full. I bet I'll be bald or late in the process of balding around 20.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Vegitto
Man, 4-5 hairs when you put gel in your hair? I give my hair a stroke with a comb and I get a comb full of hair. Literally a fist full. I bet I'll be bald or late in the process of balding around 20.

Really? Ack!

FWIW, I haven't owned a comb in years (much less a brush or hair gel) and I have all my hair. No combing for me! :p

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Welcome to baldsville, population: YOU.

Same here dude. Fortunately the shaved head look is VERY in right now. I'd highly recommend it- I have tons of time and $$$ not having to deal with haircare products. A little mousse rubbed into the scalp in the morning and I'm out the door.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: BobDaMenkey

I have a filter deal that sits over the drain in my shower to catch hair, because it constantly clogs it up. After every shower there's a nice clump of it there. When I put gel in my hair, I get at least 4 or 5 hairs that'll come out stuck to my hands. This is very saddening. Makes me wish I didn't give up the hippy look so I could continue to have stupid long hair while I can.

Everyone loses hair on a daily basis. Everyone's shower drain clogs up.

However what the gel does is it causes your hair to stick together, so when you wash it out in the shower, you notice that it's gone.

If you don't use gel, it'll still naturally fall out but be less noticeable since it'll come out 1 strand at a time..

Ever been in the bathroom of a woman? They lose many strands of hair everyday, and it's a whole lot more noticeable because it's longer.

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Syringer
Originally posted by: BobDaMenkey

Everyone loses hair on a daily basis. Everyone's shower drain clogs up.

However what the gel does is it causes your hair to stick together, so when you wash it out in the shower, you notice that it's gone.

If you don't use gel, it'll still naturally fall out but be less noticeable since it'll come out 1 strand at a time..

Ever been in the bathroom of a woman? They lose many strands of hair everyday, and it's a whole lot more noticeable because it's longer.

Hell, I'm still finding hair from my ex around my house after 2 years. The vacuums just cant suck it all out of the carpet.

But what's concering me is I can visibly notice that it's thinner on either edge of my forehead than in the middle. I've been shedding for years, and I had been shedding almost as much as my ex when my hair was long(front pulled down to my chin, was hitting between my shoulder blades in the back).

I'm not sure if I'm gonna go shaving my head just yet though. Granted it is very in right now. I like my hair at it's semi short state right now.

Originally posted by: glenn beck
1. Grow Fatter
2. Shave Off All Hair
3. Grow Goatee
4. Buy Harley

Problem Solved

1. Been working on losing the fat. I'm starting to get halfway fit now. Not gonna happen.
2. Maybe
3. Work won't let me
4. Japanese cruiser > Harley. Maybe when I don't have to pay tuition.