I am happy. After thousands of years I'm going to start playing guitar. Gear inside!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
All used but I don't care.

G&L Tribute Legacy HSS plus factory hardcase.
Peavy ValveKing II 50 watt amp.

Whatcha think?

Reactions: Geekbabe

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
Anyone in the DFW area want to buy 4 year old guitar that was bought new but has never been played? Comes with case and stand. Make offer.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
After thousands of years, that used axe guitar should be a HUGE improvement over the stone axe you used to rock...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
What finish did you get on the guitar?

It's a black lacquer and mother of pearl pickguard.

I had to make a change and cancel the peavey amp as I found that this particular one has had problems. I took a chance on, of all things, the Monoprice 15 watt tube amp which has great reviews. I may swap out the Celestion speaker for another (I never liked the 70/80 Celestion) and perhaps put in some JJ tubes, but not right away. It may be that the stock speaker is OK with the tube amp. 15 watts doesn't sound like much and it isn't in solid state, but tubes are whole other animals.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
It's a black lacquer and mother of pearl pickguard.

I had to make a change and cancel the peavey amp as I found that this particular one has had problems. I took a chance on, of all things, the Monoprice 15 watt tube amp which has great reviews. I may swap out the Celestion speaker for another (I never liked the 70/80 Celestion) and perhaps put in some JJ tubes, but not right away. It may be that the stock speaker is OK with the tube amp. 15 watts doesn't sound like much and it isn't in solid state, but tubes are whole other animals.
Nice. The 15w might surprise you. Big amps are too much for just playing around in the house, especially tube amps that sound best cranked. No point in going deaf for good sound.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Nice.

I recently picked up a Marshall DSL40C, Of course I changed out the power tubes and installed Mullards. Preamp tubes are next.....Probably JJ's or Preferred. and a Schecter Hellraiser. :)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Seems like a solid setup to learn on.
Nice. The 15w might surprise you. Big amps are too much for just playing around in the house, especially tube amps that sound best cranked. No point in going deaf for good sound.
Yep, my Marshall Lead 12 Micro is plenty for dinking around in the house.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
ATOT needs a Metal Band as well. Now we just need names for all the ATOT bands.