I am going fishing,

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I know you will all miss me, but, I really need a break, I leave tommorow morning for the sierras, see you all sunday. :)

SHUX

Crysla

Banned
Jan 26, 2000
Have fun Shuxxy. I know you will miss me.;) Hey, watch out for those hooks. It could be a real mess fishing nekkid and getting a hook caught....ummmmm.....well, you know where.:)

Princess;)

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
I am going fishing too.. NJ shore...in about 4 hours. As usual, I can't sleep. Gonna be interesting.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Have a great time! You probably already know that when you return, you will smell quite bad and have to get Nekkid and have a shower. ;)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks Tom and Steve, and yes steve, I will be looking forward to a normal shower, although I am also looking forward to the Natural Hot springs shower in reds meadow, and of course I will be Nekkid then too. :)

SHUX

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Caught four fish yesterday in a couple hours, little guys though biggest was about 25". Hopefully I'll get a keeper striper this year, but mostly we've been getting schoolies up here.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Capn, where you at? I am hoping to get to New England around august- september to do some striper fishing myself. :) Last year I got a keeper, 30". :)

SHUX

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You know how many plugs, poppers and spoons I threw into Pacifica trying for the elusive Striper one day? Not to mention a friend was with me that always gets his fish and even he struck out there. (maybe that's why he moved back to the east coast) They don't exist. ;) Like the sign says on the 5, Not a fish in 14 miles.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
I'm up in Massachusetts, merrimac river. Fishing is decent, but I think a little overfished. You come up here on a sunny saturday in the summer and the place is a freaking zoo, hundreds of boats if not thousands. I think every idiot who has the cash buys a 30' gas guzzler and likes to run only 10' off your port side going full out. Not sure if there are any other better spots, but seems there's got to be.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Capn,
Try Rhode Island, around the Pt. Judith area, good fishing from shore, I use 1 1/4 ATOM striper swiper and always walk away with something, Blues up to 12-15 and have caught stripers to 30lbs myself and seen bigger. :) Then again in aug-sept. almost anywhere around R.I. is the place to be.

SHUX

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well, I caught dozens of rainbow trout up to a 1 1/2-2lbs. and a brown that was about 8lbs. Had an intresting trip though, crashed my truck in the sonora pass and screwed the front end up pretty good, we were OK but I am bummed about the crash considering I havent done that before, but now I'll have to go back up to the mountains to get my truck.....hummm, do I hear fishing trip again? :)

SHUX

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
PCAddict,
The stripers there yet?

They've been there and gone. Stripers are usually most prevalent in March-May. June onward is mostly fluke and bluefish.