I am getting a car

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I've been using public transport for years and have gotten sick of it. I live on my own and am about to graduate with my BS in Physics. It's tough not having a car, but my friends have always helped me get groceries and what not.

My mom just bought a new car, so I'm getting her old '95 Camry with a V6. I'm just glad she didn't go with the default package, which was a I4 and didn't have power windows.

I'm heading to my parents' tomorrow to get the car signed over into my name. This is great. :thumbsup: for parents

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
First cars are always the best...I still remember my first car quite fondly, an Marina Blue( with black bonnet stripes and gold GT SuperRoo stripes along the side) 1969 Ford XW Falcon GT 351 ,so many burnt outs and police chases...luckily I lived in a small country town and the local coppers knew my parents....I got more kicks in the ass than fines back then.

I wish I still had it...mainly because it would be worth in excess of AU$70,000 now if it was still in the same condition it was when I finished restoring it in early 1996....my parents sold it for a measly AU$16,000 back in 1997 :(

It was very similar to this

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: DaTT
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
which was a V4
oh dear.

dammit...I was beaten to it!

I did specify that it was upgraded to a V6, right?

Let me be the one to open your eyes, you will find that the the engine's in cars are I4 (inline), v6, flat 6 (Porsche, Subaru), I6, v8, v10, v12...and probably a few more...but not V4. You can find V4's in outboard marine engines.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
which was a V4
oh dear.

Let me be the one to open your eyes, you will find that the the engine's in cars are I4 (inline), v6, flat 6 (Porsche, Subaru), I6, v8, v10, v12...and probably a few more...but not V4. You can find V4's in outboard marine engines.

Fixed

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
which was a V4
oh dear.

Now that you have opened the can of worms, let me add the types you missed:

Firstly, V4's have been produced in production cars. Saab V4

Now, on to the missing motor types:

- Rotary or Wankel type
- W configuration. While new, it's a distinct type
- Missed V types; V5, V16.
- Missed flat type; Flat four.
- Missed I type; I5