I am Curious

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
lol, the guy from the white identity politics party wants you to know that everyone else is a racist but him.

2_3.png

Again, this is why the Republicans accomplished so little policy wise despite controlling the entire government. They don't HAVE policy goals outside of cutting taxes for rich people. What they have is white identity grievance.

Replying to this again... tell me how I'm sexist and some how pro-white by not caring what LGBT's do and being for them getting married like the average Trump supporter? Just because I don't feel the law should require me to call them by their preferred pronoun, that doesn't make me anti-LGBT and/or some pro-white agenda.

I believe, like the average Republican, that the best man or woman for the job should get the job. I don't think racism should be used in any way to promote one person or hold back another. Skin color simply doesn't matter, I don't care your race, sex, religion, etc. etc. If you're the best person for the job, you should get it. That doesn't make me some kind of pro-white nationalist because I think affirmative action is just institutionalized socially accepted racism.

I don't care if someone is an immigrant or born here, I do care about vetting who we allow in and having a secure border. I don't care what religion, skin color, gender, race, etc. etc. immigrants are, but we should do our best to allow only those in that respect our constitutional rights and will contribute to society. That isn't some kind of pro-white push, it is common sense if you want the country to survive.

You and the left always create some kind of caricature of reality when it comes to trying to understand what the right is today. The propaganda is strong, but Trump winning is a great sign that we will recover and enough people see through the smoke and light show.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Whatever you need to tell yourself. I just thought it was humorous as the guy who has totally bought into the white identity politics party apparently never realized that's what it is.

Your total lack of self awareness is definitely the funniest thing about you.

See above. This is identity politics, this is all you have yet you don't understand what the right is today. I've plainly put it above, doubt it'll soak in though.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
My wife mentioned something to me last night and I googled it this morning. There appears to be a website at Washington U that allows people to post accusations of men for sexual harassment / abuse. The title of the website 'Make Them Scared'. The site has a disclaimer that postings can be uncorroborated. This is a very dangerous idea. It again raises the whole issue of potential guilt by accusation. The potential for abuse on a site like this could be very substantial. This is exactly why our founders codified the presumption of innocence.

This is not a left / right issue to me. I'm not an ACLU person, but I'm very pro civil liberties and have no desire to see our society devolve to the old school of guilty until proven innocent. If we're willing to go to the mat to preserve the one person from being falsely proven guilty in court, we should also be desirous of not wanting people to be falsely accused when said accused may have no way to conclusively prove his / her innocence. Whether this goes to a criminal trial is irrelevant in my opinion. Our society is growing more and more vindictive. A website where people can post unverifiable accusations, specifically identifying a perpetrator could ruin a person's life. Good luck with that.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This is a very dangerous idea. It again raises the whole issue of potential guilt by accusation. The potential for abuse on a site like this could be very substantial. This is exactly why our founders codified the presumption of innocence.

The worwd is a skawy pwace.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The 100.000+ documents the from Kavanaugh's time @ the WH under Bush?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/us/politics/kavanaugh-records.html

Sensitive information in those pages even though the release lots of others? Trying to hurry the process because the Democrats would probably say they need to study these documents for months? I doubt there is any smoking gun there, maybe just opinions you wouldn't like. No one accused this guy of anything for decades over his professional career. Suddenly he's a rapist and not fit for the court... because Trump appointed him, nothing more.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Replying to this again... tell me how I'm sexist and some how pro-white by not caring what LGBT's do and being for them getting married like the average Trump supporter? Just because I don't feel the law should require me to call them by their preferred pronoun, that doesn't make me anti-LGBT and/or some pro-white agenda.

I believe, like the average Republican, that the best man or woman for the job should get the job. I don't think racism should be used in any way to promote one person or hold back another. Skin color simply doesn't matter, I don't care your race, sex, religion, etc. etc. If you're the best person for the job, you should get it. That doesn't make me some kind of pro-white nationalist because I think affirmative action is just institutionalized socially accepted racism.

I don't care if someone is an immigrant or born here, I do care about vetting who we allow in and having a secure border. I don't care what religion, skin color, gender, race, etc. etc. immigrants are, but we should do our best to allow only those in that respect our constitutional rights and will contribute to society. That isn't some kind of pro-white push, it is common sense if you want the country to survive.

You and the left always create some kind of caricature of reality when it comes to trying to understand what the right is today. The propaganda is strong, but Trump winning is a great sign that we will recover and enough people see through the smoke and light show.

Nice attempt to build a straw man, I simply pointed out that you belong to a party defined by white identity politics.

Just go watch conservatives campaign and it's obvious to anyone with a brain. When you see Democrats campaign they say things like 'medicare for all' or 'free college' or things like that. Concrete policies they claim they will enact if elected. When conservatives campaign they campaign on 'I am one of you' or 'I am the true conservative'. Total identity politics. That's why it's so funny you see it everywhere but in yourself.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sensitive information in those pages even though the release lots of others? Trying to hurry the process because the Democrats would probably say they need to study these documents for months? I doubt there is any smoking gun there, maybe just opinions you wouldn't like. No one accused this guy of anything for decades over his professional career. Suddenly he's a rapist and not fit for the court... because Trump appointed him, nothing more.

Gorsuch's nomination pretty obviously destroys your theory. How did you not realize this.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Nice attempt to build a straw man, I simply pointed out that you belong to a party defined by white identity politics.

Just go watch conservatives campaign and it's obvious to anyone with a brain. When you see Democrats campaign they say things like 'medicare for all' or 'free college' or things like that. Concrete policies they claim they will enact if elected. When conservatives campaign they campaign on 'I am one of you' or 'I am the true conservative'. Total identity politics. That's why it's so funny you see it everywhere but in yourself.

Yet the left is the party of identity poetics and racism.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm sure there can be sensitive information in those conversations. To me this sounds like nothing.

Trump appointed Gorsuch. If Trump appointing someone was a necessary and sufficient reason for them to be falsely smeared as a rapist than Gorsuch would have been also. He was not. That destroys your theory.

As for what's in the documents you're just taking the word of Trump and the Republicans that nothing they withheld was notable despite a massive incentive for them to do exactly that.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'll say it again, if you spun any harder you'd achieve orbit.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Trump appointed Gorsuch. If Trump appointing someone was a necessary and sufficient reason for them to be falsely smeared as a rapist than Gorsuch would have been also. He was not. That destroys your theory.

As for what's in the documents you're just taking the word of Trump and the Republicans that nothing they withheld was notable despite a massive incentive for them to do exactly that.

Bullshit. The left's tantrum is only increasing since Nov. 16. The obstructionists found a thread to grasp with Kavanaugh.

I am sure they have sensitive conversations at that level. This is nothing to me.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
My wife mentioned something to me last night and I googled it this morning. There appears to be a website at Washington U that allows people to post accusations of men for sexual harassment / abuse. The title of the website 'Make Them Scared'. The site has a disclaimer that postings can be uncorroborated. This is a very dangerous idea. It again raises the whole issue of potential guilt by accusation. The potential for abuse on a site like this could be very substantial. This is exactly why our founders codified the presumption of innocence.

This is not a left / right issue to me. I'm not an ACLU person, but I'm very pro civil liberties and have no desire to see our society devolve to the old school of guilty until proven innocent. If we're willing to go to the mat to preserve the one person from being falsely proven guilty in court, we should also be desirous of not wanting people to be falsely accused when said accused may have no way to conclusively prove his / her innocence. Whether this goes to a criminal trial is irrelevant in my opinion. Our society is growing more and more vindictive. A website where people can post unverifiable accusations, specifically identifying a perpetrator could ruin a person's life. Good luck with that.

It looks like they were taking anonymous reports for the first few days then said they needed verification to post but they left the anonymous posts up. I wonder how long before they are sued and the site is taken down.

They keep expanding the information even asking if the assaulter is in the Greek system. Most appear not to have been reported to authorities.

http://www.makethemscared.com/p/the-list.html
Please remember, just because a name is on this list does not mean the individual is guilty. All it means is that we have received an accusation against them.

Note: As of 9/28/18, we no longer accept anonymous submissions. All submissions are now required to include some form of identity verification for both the accuser and the accused.

The names below were received on: 9/26/2018
Moderator note: These names were submitted before additional verification methods were put into place, when names could be submitted entirely anonymously.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
See above. This is identity politics, this is all you have yet you don't understand what the right is today. I've plainly put it above, doubt it'll soak in though.
Identity politics as in women just need to figure it out that the 14th amendment guarantee of equal protection of the laws doesn't apply to them, amirite?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Just goes to show that minorities are sheeple.

When minorities vote overwhelmingly for one party that’s identity politics. When a party is overwhelmingly comprised of one ethnic group that’s just a collection of people who love freedom and equality.