I am asking for the mods to ban me (explanation inside)

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
I got my report card today. Well, I took all honors courses as a freshman, so they are tough courses. However, this damn computer, or, more specifically, the forums on the internet, kept me occupied for more than their fair share of time. My studies should have gotten a lil more attention. I did fine this year, got honor roll all four quarters...blah blah blah. Not good enough for me...I'm a perfectionist...though it didn't show this year.

So mods, for my sake, please ban me! (if I feel I am mature enough to be reinstated I will email you.)

PS-I know this is summer, but I might as well kick the habit before school starts in early/mid-Sept.!

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gotta do what you gotta do, zippy. Best of luck.

Hey, put your handle up for sale on eb@y on your way out and make a couple extra bucks. Maybe make it a package deal with an ICQ number.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Heh, thanks kranky. :) Thanks for the tip too. ;)

This is my last post here!

Its been real folks! :)

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I don't believe the mods will bother to ban you, think about it.

If you don't want to come to these forums, simply do not come to them.

Ban Paulson though! :D

-RSI

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
If you really want to get banned, you know how.

And zippy, I think we'll see you back before you say. I think you are showing off, got honor rolls all four quarters. I hate to say it but it seems to be a paulsonian-type cry for more attention.

hippy

Oct 9, 1999
Get off your lazy a!ss and do it for yourself... Don't ask someone else to do it for you, when you have the power to do it yourself.

:|

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
No, it's very easy. Just chop off your arms. Typing with your nose is pretty freakin' hard. Although, with your nose...maybe you could manage.

Viper GTS

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Whats your IP address? I think I can keep you bussy elsewhere for a little while, hehehe j/k chum :D

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
even if you don't read this, take care zippy :) i think you're great :) good luck with your studies!

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Just to defennd myself, apoppin, honor roll isn't that hard to make. 4.0 out of 5.5. If you average a B+ then you just made honor roll. HIGH honor roll is where I want to be. 4.75+...that means 1/2 A's and half A-'s to do it.

How else can I get peacefully banned besides this anyways?

There is no way to be "peacefully banned."
It's war. And war, as all Mods know, is heck. ;)

AnandTech Moderator

Also, thanks prodigy^. :):p:Q;):eek:

zippy...OUT! :p

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
:D:D:D Ha ha, Zippy - I just said that to see if it was really your last post.:D:D:D

Admit it, you're addicted. If my cheap shot could bring you back, do you really think you can stay away? Especially if something really interests you or you just have to answer? You will be wondering 'what are they are saying'.

Perhaps, the best idea is not to go 'cold-turkey' - but limit your time here. It's much the same with time spent with any friends internet interactions or 'real-life'. Only check once or twice a day for a self-limited time - then get back to work or study.

It all boils down to self-control. And yes, we'd miss you.

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Self discipline is the answer. Even if the mods ban you, you'll have to use self discipline to consentrate on schoolwork. It would be very simple to quit posting here and then fill your time with other crap.

KingHam

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
LOL guys (esp mods). Just wanted to see if apoppin apologized before i hit the hay. :)

I'll lurk a lil (20 min. a day mebbe), i'll be back in a few months after school has begun and i've proved to myself I can control this. :)

Thanks and farewell!

Mods: Why the heck aren't I banned yet? :(

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Hi zippy, you wanted an apology? Well, "war is heck" and I had to see if you were serious. I am not sure what I should apologize for (anyone else think I should apologize?).

It was a bit of an attention getter, No? A cry for help - not a serious goodbye (sorry to spoil the 'magic'). Glad you're back even if you post a bit less.

EDIT: "sorry to spoil the 'magic'" of the good-bye IS an apology. Stupid me.

xero

May 1, 2000
haha....hey zippy, i know a SUREFIRE way to get banned...post about 10 threads dealing with pyromania...the mods get super pissed off :D

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
But Zippy, you were so helpful in the story thread, now what will I do without you? Sorry to see you go, but your right, if you can get your grades up that much higher, go for it. Your future is more important than these boards. I look forward to your return. :)

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
Paulson you FRICKIN LAMER!!!! Hee you are AGAIN making ANOTHER thread about YOU!! Geeeeeez, this is about one similar in age to you and NOT YOU! Even though he is about your age he acts 12 years older and much more mature than you.

Paul

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
zippy, get rid of the cable broadband connection. You know it will suck up you time.