I am addicted to soda

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I wake up, drink water.
Then I have the urge to drink soda (Coke Zero).

The only thing stopping me is the acid feeling in my stomach when I drink it in the morning.
Pain > soda addition

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Girl, give a smile when the pain come
Pain, the only thing don't make it alright

<== wake up, pee, chug water, chug DMD, life is good.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I never really chug soda because I'm self-grossed out by how much of sugar is in there. It's like a thick syrup.

Reactions: pmv

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I never really chug soda because I'm self-grossed out by how much of sugar is in there. It's like a thick syrup.
We are discussing diet pop so you'll have to be grossed out by the carcinogens instead.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
How much soda do you drink?

Now coffee...I could drink coffee all day aside from cost and lack of sleep :p

Reactions: pmv

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Sparkling water, homie. Waterloo, La Croix....there are countless brands now. You just need to wean yourself off of the sugar.

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I used to drink tons of soda. At least 88oz/day. I couldn't get in the truck for a moderate drive without having a cup of soda with me. I quit drinking it for various life reasons, and now I barely like it. I'm limited to the very rare combo meal out, or maybe some kind of boutique soda at the house, but not even that so much anymore. I always think I'm gonna like it more than I do. It's just too sweet. Now, I either drink plain water, or flavored seltzer. Coffee also of course, but I've always drank coffee. At least a pot/day of that, sometimes two.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I'm right behind you. I average a case from Sams club a week. If I'm drinking liquor it's even higher. I did lower my coffee intake though. When I was working, I was good for 72 oz a day.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Never drunk much of that stuff. Did use to drink excessive amounts of fruit juice, till i realised how calorific it was (also, I think the acid erosion did my teeth no good at all). Now drink a lot of coffee. As long as I find myself reading articles saying they've found this-or-that way in which it's good for you, to balance out all the ones saying they've found its bad for you, I don't intend to change.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I was bad with soda in my twenties so I can relate.

But we all need to get America off of all this soda. You see these obese people walking out of convenience stores with Big Gulps and shit, it's obscene. It's standard American consumer capitalism marketing. MORE MORE MORE MORE!

The last 15 years at least I have not drank any soda except some tonic with some gin or vodka. And usually I split the tonic with seltzer because tonic also has lots of sugar in it. But haven't drank a soda without any liquor in it in 15 years plus. Don't miss it at all. Just drink water or something like a lightly sweetened iced tea. Fuck gatorade and snapples and vitamin water and all that crap too.

Reactions: KMFJD and nakedfrog

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I wake up, drink water.
Then I have the urge to drink soda (Coke Zero).

The only thing stopping me is the acid feeling in my stomach when I drink it in the morning.
Pain > soda addition
stop drinking colas and switch to sprite/7up or ginger ale.

• Wow
Reactions: KMFJD

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I remember when people were drinking vitamin water thinking it was better for them because the word vitamin was in it. Then they showed literally how many teaspoons of sugar were in a bottle of vitamin water and it was disgusting.

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
likely because the sodium in them dries your mouth out :confused: salty drinks keep you drinking

switch to soft drinks with real sugar? might be more satisfying, more cloying, so you'll drink less. (still has sodium though.)

ASK THE COMMUNITY