I almost got a ticket/citation

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Not really, i was crossing a 1-way street, looked down the street nobody was comming so i proceeded. I was in the designated crosswalk, not near any corners where anyone could come or anything. cop comes up to me and asks me what i'm doing...um, crossing the street. "oh so you think you're special, that the light up there doesn't apply to you"

i was under the impression it wasn't jaywalking as long as i'm in the crosswalk and i don't impeed traffic in anyway, i suppose i was wrong, he was kinda a dick, but i geuss i didn't get a ticket so i don't care

CAlifornia btw

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Lithium381
Not really, i was crossing a 1-way street, looked down the street nobody was comming so i proceeded. I was in the designated crosswalk, not near any corners where anyone could come or anything. cop comes up to me and asks me what i'm doing...um, crossing the street. "oh so you think you're special, that the light up there doesn't apply to you"

i was under the impression it wasn't jaywalking as long as i'm in the crosswalk and i don't impeed traffic in anyway, i suppose i was wrong, he was kinda a dick, but i geuss i didn't get a ticket so i don't care

CAlifornia btw

Be glad you didn't get run down by someone.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: KLin

CAlifornia btw

What kind of idiot only crosses when he has the light? Obviously you've never been to a city.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
fvckign pig has nothign better to do than waste ppl's time and try to show their authority.

Billzie7718

Sep 2, 2005

CAlifornia btw

Ya, next time sit in the road. After you get hit and sue, I expect 25% for the idea. Thanks.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Siva

CAlifornia btw

What kind of idiot only crosses when he has the light? Obviously you've never been to a city.

What's a city?

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ThisIsMatt
Wait, a cop stopped you and was a dick? GET OUT!

no, just his tone in his voice, very demeaning.

as for crossing against the light, we do it all the time(students walking to campus) this is the first i've herad that it's illegal

You should have said "If I threw a donut down the road, would you fetch it like a dog?", then ran like hell.

yourdeardaniel

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2004
Originally posted by: SampSon
You should have said "If I threw a donut down the road, would you fetch it like a dog?", then ran like hell.

hahaha
he'll pull that tazer out so quick

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001

CAlifornia btw

...with no insurance and that molested their cousin

Originally posted by: yourdeardaniel
Originally posted by: SampSon

hahaha
he'll pull that tazer out so quick
That's why you run in a zig zag pattern and change directions quickly.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ThisIsMatt
Wait, a cop stopped you and was a dick? GET OUT!

no, just his tone in his voice, very demeaning.

as for crossing against the light, we do it all the time(students walking to campus) this is the first i've herad that it's illegal

I doubt such rules are in the code. The jaywalking statue likely doesn't say anything about the light but applies to using designated cross-walks. If you are curious you should pull up your state code and search it for jaywalking and read the statute and see if the cop was full of sh!t. If the statute doesn't define jaywalking as what you did then you couldn't be convicted of it. My guess is that it doesn't and he knew it so he didn't give you a ticket because he knew it didn't apply.