I actually thought the issue about black leaders and menthols was common knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010
"Menthol covers up the harsh taste of tobacco, giving the cigarette a pleasant taste."

Menthol tastes likes shit. You couldn't pay me to smoke a menthol cigarette...

I honestly never connected menthol's with black people. I though their staple was Black and Mild and Swisher Sweets.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Menthol tastes likes shit. You couldn't pay me to smoke a menthol cigarette...

I honestly never connected menthol's with black people. I though their staple was Black and Mild and Swisher Sweets.

Thats more of a southern thing than a black thing, but yes southern blacks also enjoy them.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
When I waited tables, on our smoke breaks the servers and cooks would all go outside to smoke and talk etc. All of the black people had menthols, the whites had regulars. Without exception.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I've never heard of any menthol-Afro relationship until now.

"This is the most important health issue of our time," Carol McGruder, co-chair of the council, said during a news conference on Thursday.

Yeah, stand aside AIDS, cancer, and bird flu. We're going after fucking menthols!

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
When they banned all forms of flavored cigs(including cloves) they made the exception for menthols because of its popularity among blacks. Its what the black community wanted. Now they want them banned?

homebrew2ny

Jan 3, 2013
Perhaps it's just specific to my location but I have never seen a black person smoke anything other than menthol cigarettes. Although the sample size would be obviously small to the totality of the nation/world.

cannabis2468

Nov 12, 2012
Not trying to be racist but from my experience those people of non-caucasian background tend to enjoy their menthol cigarettes.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Why do blacks have a tobacco control group?

Also:

"In the white community, a person can buy one pack of cigarettes and get one pack free," he said. "In the black community, a person can buy one pack and get two packs free."

Where the hell can I go to get a free pack of cigarettes, I pay almost 7$ a pack now, and a freebie would sure hit the spot.

EDIT -

"World No Tobacco Day, which is organized by the World Health Organization, highlights the risks associated with tobacco use and advocates for effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption."

Everyone knows tobacco is horrible for your health, and it is so bad that there is a day dedicated to people NOT smoking it, it fits every single category for a schedule 1 drug......as if that class of substance was written with tobacco as the guide. So why the fuck is pot still illegal?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2004
Maybe it's an old school Black thing? Eddie Murphy made fun of the stereotype in the movie Trading Places:

"Who has been putting out their Kools on my floor?! I said who's been putting their Kools out on my floor? It's Persian!"

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What? You guys don't know what "Newport" stands for?

N*ggas
Either
Winnin'
Pimpin'
Or
Runnin'
Things

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
This reminds me of a story an older gentleman in my neighborhood would tell.

He was working at a convenience store when a black guy comes in and says, "Give me a pack of what I am.", meaning Kool cigarettes. The old guy (knowing full well what he meant) looked him up and down and said, "Sorry, we dont sell that here."

Status
Not open for further replies.