I’m looking for indie games similar to these:
La-Mulana
VVVVVV
Guacamelee
Thank you.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
You can get all of them from GOG or Steam or I believe various indie bundles like the Humble bundles.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Gianas Sisters
The Swapper (more puzzle based)
Limbo
The Bridge (also puzzle based)
Rocketbirds

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
If you liked Guacamelee, grab Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. The first Tales from Space, About a Blob, is pretty good too but I don't think it was ever released for PC.

cleggholdfast

Oct 30, 2012
Some great suggestions above. I would add Spelunky and Cave Story +. You can try the original PC releases (without enhanced graphics) - they were released as freeware. I believe Cave Story + is available in the current Humble Bundle which means you can name your price (minimum of $1 for Steam key, though).

You may also like Jamestown, a vertical shoot 'em up and Capsized, which is somewhat similar to Trine and Swapper. Waking Mars is great; that one reminds me of Swapper quite a bit. A lot of great indie games out there.

cleggholdfast

Oct 30, 2012
Looking through my Steam library, had a few others to add:

Fez, Dust, Monaco, Pid, Super Hexagon (by the VVVVVV creator, I believe), Vessel and Rochard. Rochard has similar gameplay to Swapper, Trine and Capsized (m/kb platformer with physics-based action).

Last edited: