Hyundai VeraCruz

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by spidey07, May 21, 2011.

1. spidey07

spidey07 No Lifer

Went crossover shopping and this was on our list. On paper it seemed like a great value compared to the Ford Edge and Mazda CX-9.

I must say it was a big suprise. Roomy, good features, decent pickup even in the AWD one and the price can't be beat. But what was amazing is how it drove. It truly felt like a car, had good handling and held corners well. didn't have that huge floaty feeling cars in this class typically do. It's now down to this or a Edge, tough choice as the Edge has tons of bells/whistles and technology.

2. WT

WT Diamond Member

Yea, Hyundai and Kia surprise a lot of browsers, simply because they were lousy for many years, but they have managed to do the right thing and gain a very comfortable market share by providing more (and better) for the buyers hard earned dollar.

I'm trying to talk my wife into trading in her Sedona mini-van on a Kia Borrego - we need a tow vehicle for both my enclosed ATV trailer and a future 25'+ camper purchase.

Good luck with the search, Spidey. Hope you enjoy whatever you end up buying.

3. Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit Diamond Member

4. BudAshes

BudAshes Lifer

hyandai's are great brand new. Just wait a year or 2 and you will see why they are cheaper.