Hypothetical for the Anti-Trump people- What if?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 16, 2005
The orange shitbag currently holding the office of president needs to be held accountable.
If impeachment does that, fantastic, pence would lose in a landslide, if it doesn't do that, it will taint him, although I am not sure what it would take for current trump supporters to not be trump supporters. I think that ship has sailed, short of him raping a child in the middle of the street, even then I wouldn't bet he'd lose the majority of his cult.

Hopefully some members of the gop will do the right thing and put country above party, but considering how they've been trump taint lickers so far, I doubt most will take that approach.

Impeachment hearings are imminent, now we just wait for the fallout.

Feb 16, 2005
If you have cause, the House should impeach. If there's enough evidence and the charges are strong enough the Senate would convict. So far i've seen no evidence strong enough for conviction, but it might happen. Mostly i've seen a long list of bullshit and hatred from the Democrats. I seriously doubt if a Republican Senate would vote to convict at 66 votes.......66 Senate votes for fuck sake! So i'm happy to see the Democrats impeach and then suck ass in the Senate and with the public. Damn Democrat losers.
speaking of trump taint lickers

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I disagree.

If his "crimes" were so heinous, why wasn't he prosecuted for them before he became president?

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Again.
Jeffrey Epstein raped many young girls and got away with it for how long? That is until he didn't. It looks like this is Trump's "until he didn't" moment.

Reactions: hal2kilo

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
Ooh, THIS TIME it'll be different than all the others, huh?

Gullible twats.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Gullible twats.
Tell us about how concerned you were that Clinton mishandled classified emails and then tell us why you think this admin storing unclassified transcripts on hardware reserved for classified information to prevent it from coming out is no big deal.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
If Pelosi doesn't move to impeach I will be voting her out. You can count on dems or independents running against anyone currently in Congress who didn't hold trump and his admin accountable.

I'll also continue to vote out Republicans any chance I get as they obviously put their party before the country.
This thing has been completely overcome by events (OBE). There's no going back. I predict the vote to impeach will occur before the Christmas break. It's politically impossible to back off now.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This thing has been completely overcome by events (OBE). There's no going back. I predict the vote to impeach will occur before the Christmas break. It's politically impossible to back off now.

That’s true, the impeachment train is on its way.

Feb 4, 2009
Do I want them to impeach? Yes.

If they impeach and fail, will that change my vote? No.

If they impeach and succeed, will that change my vote? No.

If they don't impeach, will that change my vote? No.

Pretty much this, need more facts and I’d love to get everyone on record whether this is impeachable or not but regardless there is a zero percent chance I am going to vote for Trump and zero percent chance I’d vote for anybody who would enable this behavior.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It’s political calculus.

Impeach, and there is the possibility he survives in the Senate and claims vindication.

Don’t impeach, and you risk his winning. He’s already damaged Biden with minimal effort.

Impeach and get the evidence out there. Make it politically untenable for GOP Senators.

Trump claims any and all things. His loyal supporters only ever believe what they want to believe. It is a fact-impervious, morally-repellent shield that they have surrounded themselves with. None of that fucking matters. Every possible outcome in every possible situation will never change Trump's behavior, and it will never change his zealots.

You impeach because the law demands it. You let the republicans suffer if they fail to indict an impeached criminal president. If democrats lose seats because of this, they lose them. They were going to lose them anyway if they come at the votes of the deplorables, because they were lost from the beginning.

There is literally no logical, political calculus that supports the "don't impeach" idea.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Unfortunately, as I've said here several times, even if the House if Representatives votes to impeach Trump tomorrow, there's zero chance the Senate will vote to convice and remove him from office...if Moscow Mitch would even let it come up for a vote.

So...why even bother with impeaching?
What's scary is that this poll from the 24th shows that almost half of Republican voters would be against impeachment even if it was shown that Trump withheld aid until he got a agreement from Ukraine to investigate. So even if a clear crime was committed, half wouldn't want there to be consequences. I was also surprised to see over 20% of independents were against impeachment.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you have cause, the House should impeach. If there's enough evidence and the charges are strong enough the Senate would convict. So far i've seen no evidence strong enough for conviction, but it might happen. Mostly i've seen a long list of bullshit and hatred from the Democrats. I seriously doubt if a Republican Senate would vote to convict at 66 votes.......66 Senate votes for fuck sake! So i'm happy to see the Democrats impeach and then suck ass in the Senate and with the public. Damn Democrat losers.

I like this comment today.

Because you've now seen the evidence that is strong enough, but you are already engaged in discrediting it. One might thing you have no honest convictions. Everything changes for you on an instant....but man, get a whiff of that "fresh baby scent" you grab your grenades and run off for some action, don't you?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Gullible twats.

someone's losing their shit because their president is on a fast track to impeachment. I guess you lost a few steps watching your snowflake melt a bit in yesterday's presser, right? Witnessing that super low energy coming from Orange Tumor must have sent you off to your kitchen, desperately grabbing whatever remaining baboon T-pills you munch on to generate your synthetic masculinity.

lol, so beta.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
What's scary is that this poll from the 24th shows that almost half of Republican voters would be against impeachment even if it was shown that Trump withheld aid until he got a agreement from Ukraine to investigate. So even if a clear crime was committed, half wouldn't want there to be consequences. I was also surprised to see over 20% of independents were against impeachment.
Pure he said she said, but I heard on one of the many talking heads shows that if the Senate could vote for impeachment in secret, 30 republicans would vote to impeach.

Feb 4, 2009
Pure he said she said, but I heard on one of the many talking heads shows that if the Senate could vote for impeachment in secret, 30 republicans would vote to impeach.

Interesting I wonder if that is what the President is pooping his pants over?
I’m confident the majority of Republican Senators would prefer a President Pence for 2 years(ish) than the current President.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Interesting I wonder if that is what the President is pooping his pants over?
I’m confident the majority of Republican Senators would prefer a President Pence for 2 years(ish) than the current President.
I am starting to think the GOP threw Trump under the bus and they are gambling on this damaging Biden, with Warren taking a frontrunner status against say a Romney.

Feb 4, 2009
I am starting to think the GOP threw Trump under the bus and they are gambling on this damaging Biden, with Warren taking a frontrunner status against say a Romney.

Could be but that is a real complicated plot. Too complicated to think it would work.
However I’ll agree that it is a possibility.
Truth is usually simple. First they’re thinking they’d rather have a President Pence then side benefits like maybe it damages Biden too much and maybe Mitt will run again.