Hypotheical Scenerios

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
Scenerio 1:

Background: You are a IT consultant with a strong background in UNIX products and services. YOU believe that Microsoft based products are vastly inferior to the UNIX ones. You meet a potential client from a small company who wishes to have numerous services, but only knows the windows based world.

Question: Do you, go ahead and proceed to setup them up on a Microsoft only based solution, or try to convince them of the superiority of UNIX?

Scenerio 2:

Background: You are a IT consultant with a strong background in Windows products and services. YOU believe that Microsoft based products are vastly superior to the UNIX ones. You meet a potential client from a small company who wishes to have numerous services, knows a lot about the windows based world, however, they have heard of all these UNIX based products and services and is very interested in trying them out.

Question: Do you, go ahead and proceed to setup them up on a UNIX only based solution, or try to convince them of the superiority of Windows?

Scenerio 3:

Background: You are a IT consultant with a strong background in both Windows and UNIX products and services. You have your own opinions as to which products and services are better between UNIX and Windows. You meet a potential client from a small company who wishes to have numerous services, but hasn't a clue which platform and products to use. However, they know you are knowledgeable enough to recommend a solution you know what's best for them. They leave it up to you.

Question: Do you, proceed with a Windows based soluition or UNIX based solution?

Note: The potential client froma small company (< 50 people). They make a decent amount of captial for future growth.

edit: all services are server based.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Scenario 1:
I will do whatever the client thinks is best. I will inform him of the UNIX possibilities, but if he wants to use a Windows-based solutiuon, I'll do that, even though I hate Windows.

Scenario 2:
See scenario 1. The client is the king, after all, he's paying.

Scenario 3:
It all depends on what will work better, and what will be easier to maintain. For some applications, Windows is best or sometimes the only possible answer. Sometimes, UNIX is best or the only possible answer. It all depends.