Hypocrisy or is there a legitimate difference here?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Why aren't you calling out liberals for the exact opposite reactions to both cases?

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
No difference

A slaughter is a slaughter

What I thought as well. No doubt the Islamophobes in America were thankful of the outcome in Pakistan. I wonder how they would've felt if Bill Clinton told the Branch Davidians: "Surrender or die".

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: JD50
Why aren't you calling out liberals for the exact opposite reactions to both cases?

Because liberls don't get worked up over such cases. Only conservatives do. If this isn't true, prove it. Otherwise, try to defend yourself rather than point fingers.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Narmer
No difference

What I thought as well. No doubt the Islamophobes in America were thankful of the outcome in Pakistan. I wonder I they would've felt if Bill Clinton told the Branch Davidians: "Surrender or die".

What department was responsible for the massacre at Waco? Thats right. ATF and FBI. Who is ultimately responsible for these depatments? That's right. POTUS.

Unless, of course, you belive Clinton was never briefed nor asked for direction in the matter.

You probably want linkage

A few excerpts: (very very long read, but good)

The public's lack of interest came as a great relief to the Clinton administration. Though the ATF plan to raid the Davidian compound was put together during the Bush administration, the go-ahead was given by Clinton's new appointees. The ATF's February 28, 1993 raid, which led to the 51-day standoff, was a nightmare of incompetence; four agents and six Branch Davidians were killed. Secretary of Treasury Lloyd Bentsen, newly responsible for the ATF, escaped without criticism. He may not even have been told about the raid before it happened. Janet Reno, the first woman Attorney General, was to take the hits for the Clinton administration on Waco. She had reluctantly given her consent to the FBI's gas attack, which was supposed to end the standoff.

During the stand-off at Waco, President Clinton had charged David Koresh with sexual abuse of the Branch Davidians' children. Reno made similar claims about child abuse to justify her own decisions to approve the gas-attack. These allegations profoundly influenced public opinion against Koresh and the Branch Davidians. On that basis alone, many Americans were convinced that Koresh was evil and that was enough to close their minds about possible over-reaching and wrongdoings by federal authorities. (sniff sniff...smells like intentional pot stirring to me...where have we seen that before?*my personal comments)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: blackangst1
No difference

What I thought as well. No doubt the Islamophobes in America were thankful of the outcome in Pakistan. I wonder I they would've felt if Bill Clinton told the Branch Davidians: "Surrender or die".

What department was responsible for the massacre at Waco? Thats right. ATF and FBI. Who is ultimately responsible for these depatments? That's right. POTUS.

Unless, of course, you belive Clinton was never briefed nor asked for direction in the matter.

Trying to smear Hillary via backdoor eh?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
No difference

Trying to smear Hillary via backdoor eh?

huh? It was a direct response to a direct question you dolt.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
No difference

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I tried to put Clinton in Musharraf's position.

Anyway, your "meh" response was akin to saying that you didn't want to talk about it. That infers hypocrisy.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Because liberls don't get worked up over such cases. Only conservatives do. If this isn't true, prove it. Otherwise, try to defend yourself rather than point fingers.

Liberals don't get worked up? In case you might have forgotten, liberals were in charge of Waco. But I guess you don't consider storming a compound with tanks "getting worked up".

BTW, I believe that you began the finger pointing with your OP.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Oh, and since you seem to think that you already know how I feel about both stories, unless there were terrorists in that Mosque, I don't agree with what happened their or in Waco.

Oops, wait a minute, they were kidnapping people, kinda throws your whole argument out the window doesn't it?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
No difference

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I tried to put Clinton in Musharraf's position.

Anyway, your "meh" response was akin to saying that you didn't want to talk about it. That infers hypocrisy.

no, my meh remark has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Everyone, including you, are hypocrites in one way or another. My meh comment was more like, so what? This is almost the very definition of a troll post. Trying to incite emotional responses. *shrug*

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
No difference

no, my meh remark has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Everyone, including you, are hypocrites in one way or another. My meh comment was more like, so what? This is almost the very definition of a troll post. Trying to incite emotional responses. *shrug*

Good point, and I seem to have bitten. Good one Narmer, I'll see ya in your next troll attempt.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

Liberals don't get worked up? In case you might have forgotten, liberals were in charge of Waco. But I guess you don't consider storming a compound with tanks "getting worked up".

I meant liberals as in constituents, not government workers. As blackangst's post clearly mentions, the raid on the compound was commenced by the Bush Administration, a conservative bastion. But I'll let you continue the finger pointing since you don't see the hypocrisy in your own post.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
No difference

:laugh:Well, I can see you're not a very introspective individual. You eat what you're supposed to; Say what you're supposed to; Think what you're supposed to; And fuck what you're supposed to. It doesn't matter if you're being hypocritical when you view two very similar situations through very different lens. Very well, move on then. Your life shall remain as predictable and stale as ever. Whenever I need a soundbite, I'll make sure to look you up.

Oh, and since you seem to think that you already know how I feel about both stories, unless there were terrorists in that Mosque, I don't agree with what happened their or in Waco.

Oops, wait a minute, they were kidnapping people, kinda throws your whole argument out the window doesn't it?

We're they raping little girls like your Davidians?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

I meant liberals as in constituents, not government workers. As blackangst's post clearly mentions, the raid on the compound was commenced by the Bush Administration, a conservative bastion. But I'll let you continue the finger pointing since you don't see the hypocrisy in your own post.

So you can't see your own finger pointing? Did you even read the article about the Mosque, you know, the whole kidnapping thing?

I guess in your world your a hypocrite for anything, the two different stories both have completely different circumstances. Thats like saying that you are a hypocrite if you believe in capital punishment for murderers, but not for every other crime.

Anyways, I'll give ya a 5/10 on this one since I bit.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
You should make a thread calling out the hypocrites that think that its no big deal that Clinton lied under oath, but want to hang GWB for lying even though they don't have any proof.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

WHISKEY

TANGO

FOXTROT

Congratulations. You have just entered the Dave zone.

Waco started On February 28, 1993. Who was president then? Hmmm?

You and Dave will make good posting buddies.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

WHISKEY

TANGO

FOXTROT

Oops, I meant planned. I guess you got me on semantics. Guilty as charged. I think it's flimsy of you to get overtly emotional over an ommision of a single word, don't you? Care to get back on topic?

So you can't see your own finger pointing? Did you even read the article about the Mosque, you know, the whole kidnapping thing?

I guess in your world your a hypocrite for anything, the two different stories both have completely different circumstances. Thats like saying that you are a hypocrite if you believe in capital punishment for murderers, but not for every other crime.

I'm inferring from you that the Branch Davidians were good christians minding their business when the evil liberal government barged in and burned them to death? And in the case of the muslims, they were evil terrorists that the good government of pakistan stopped from creating further harm?

Well, I can see that your automatic labelling machine has gone into action and you are viewing the events as very different. Well, I can see where you stand despite the fact that you said you were against both:roll:.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Oops, I meant planned. I guess you got me on semantics. Guilty as charged. I think it's flimsy of you to get overtly emotional over an ommision of a single word, don't you? Care to get back on topic?

Oh you mean like how Bush never ever said Iraq was responsible for 9/11, yet haters like you say "It's semantics we know what he meant!"? Or how idiots like you beleive 9/11 was Bush's fault when it was planned during Clinton's presidency?

Kind of like that?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
You should make a thread calling out the hypocrites that think that its no big deal that Clinton lied under oath, but want to hang GWB for lying even though they don't have any proof.

Where is the WMD?

Never found, that's better proof than a stained dress any day in my book.

The only thing that died with Clinton was sperm cells.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

Oh you mean like how Bush never ever said Iraq was responsible for 9/11, yet haters like you say "It's semantics we know what he meant!"? Or how idiots like you beleive 9/11 was Bush's fault when it was planned during Clinton's presidency?

Kind of like that?

I think every man should be judged by his own actions. Therefore, unless you have evidence of me saying something like that, I wouldn't bring it up. Please get back on topic.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

WHISKEY

TANGO

FOXTROT

I'm inferring from you that the Branch Davidians were good christians minding their business when the evil liberal government barged in and burned them to death? And in the case of the muslims, they were evil terrorists that the good government of pakistan stopped from creating further harm?

Well, I can see that your automatic labelling machine has gone into action and you are viewing the events as very different. Well, I can see where you stand despite the fact that you said you were against both:roll:.

How many Chinese workers did the Branch Dividians kidnap? How many Police Officers did the Branch dividians kidnap? How many people did the Branch Dividians kidnap that they "considered to be involved in immoral, un-christian activities"?

Nice job ignoring the rest of my points by the way.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Where is the WMD?

Never found, that's better proof than a stained dress any day in my book.

The only thing that died with Clinton was sperm cells.

Thank you for proving my point, I can always count on you Dave.