Hyper 212 LED AM4 bracket removal?

rbk123

Aug 22, 2006
I have a Hyper 212 LED with the AM4 bracket that snaps onto the tabs on the motherboard's mounting brackets, but how do I release the bracket to get the 212 off without breaking the plastic tabs on the motherboard mount?
It'll go on easy enough, but I can't remove it without actually unscrewing one of the 2 motherboard mounting brackets, which can't be right. What am I missing? I fear forcing it off requires too much pressure and I'll break the plastic tabs on the motherboard.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
you just flip the lever on one end friend.

it's on like page 5 of the instructions manual.

rbk123

Aug 22, 2006
you just flip the lever on one end friend.

it's on like page 5 of the instructions manual.
Thank you, but I'm referring to with the lever flipped. Even with no tension on the bracket, getting the bracket off of the 2 motherboard tabs is impossible without unscrewing one end of the motherboard mounts.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Thank you, but I'm referring to with the lever flipped. Even with no tension on the bracket, getting the bracket off of the 2 motherboard tabs is impossible without unscrewing one end of the motherboard mounts.

Shouldn't be, unless it's somehow stuck or jammed.

rbk123

Aug 22, 2006
Shouldn't be, unless it's somehow stuck or jammed.
As I saw this being I problem, I actually tried it with just the bracket and no 212 at all; the tolerance is just too tight. It can "snap" on because of the orientation of the mb tabs, but won't slide off them to remove since the bracket just isn't quite long enough. If no one else has this issue, it must be my mb tabs are just a bit too far apart. Or my bracket is just a hair shorter than everyone else's.