Hurricane Predictions Miss The Mark

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Story here.

''The seasonal hurricane forecasters certainly have a lot of explaining to do,'' said Max Mayfield, former director of the National Hurricane Center.

I bring this up to tie-in with the global warming circus we're now presented with on a daily basis. If we were in such dire straits, how does one explain 2 relatively mild hurricane years in a row? Could it be just a natural cycle, as many have said time and time again?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The nature of predictions is that they are predictions. They almost always miss the mark. Their value is in how much better they predict outcomes over guessing.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The nature of predictions is that they are predictions. They almost always miss the mark. Their value is in how much better they predict outcomes over guessing.

Now if only that message got through to the MMGW cultists.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster
Story here.

''The seasonal hurricane forecasters certainly have a lot of explaining to do,'' said Max Mayfield, former director of the National Hurricane Center.

I bring this up to tie-in with the global warming circus we're now presented with on a daily basis. If we were in such dire straits, how does one explain 2 relatively mild hurricane years in a row? Could it be just a natural cycle, as many have said time and time again?

First of all the NOAA was off by exactly 1 intense hurricane. They were correct in their number of named storms and actual hurricanes. Are you trying to become hellokeith or something? I think you have enough embarassing threads to your name as it is.

That's not important though, because you're trying to take data from a few years and apply it to something measured in decades. It's incredibly foolish to be doing so like you are trying to do. Of course anyone who isn't an idiot already knows that. I guess I should just be trying to figure out if you are being led around by the nose, or if this is deliberate.

Global warming proponents might be wrong with their hurricane forcasts, but if they are you wouldn't be able to tell in two years. What you are doing is akin to saying global warming isn't happening because it's cold outside today.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If you're too dense to understand the nature of long term weather prediction, I'm afraid no posts here are going to help you understand.......

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
YAPabT

Nothing to see here.

Yep, just more "proof" science is the devil's work. When will those low men in white coats finally be banished! Some people can't quite discern the difference between math as a science, from biology as a science, from boxing as a sweet science.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You know whats interesting...I'll have to find the article with the data...there have been 75% more natural disasters in the last 10 years than the 10 years prior to that.

Anyway.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: blackangst1
You know whats interesting...I'll have to find the article with the data...there have been 75% more natural disasters in the last 10 years than the 10 years prior to that.

Anyway.

Because God is Angry.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: sirjonk

Anyway.

Because God is Angry.

You would be too if you had the douches he had speaking in your name.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: SViscusi

Anyway.

Because God is Angry.

Brutal

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: SViscusi

Anyway.

Because God is Angry.

Brutal

Honest:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" - Jerry Falwell, days after 9/11.

"I totally concur." Pat Robertson, seconds after Falwell's rant.

"If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox.? Christopher Hitchens, shortly after Falwell's tragic passing.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

QFT.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

QFT.

LOL, I don't think you quite got that.......

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
You mean weather forecasters are wrong most of the time!?!?!?! Good thing you posted this here!