Hundreds of teens wreak havok in Brooklyn Mall

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
--
“I was begging them to stop. There were a lot of kids, hundreds of kids . . . [Security] would chase them out one door and they would come back in another door,” said Abu Taleb, 31, a clerk at the kiosk Candy Plaza 2. “I’ve been here seven years, and I have never seen anything like this before.”
Some of the teens staged a game of “knockout” on the top floor — and one may have been carrying a gun, sources said.
--
“They were playing the ‘knockout’ game,” said Shante, a 21-year-old perfume merchant, in reference to a violent trend in which teens try to knock out an unsuspecting victim with a single punch.
“People were getting really scared,” she said.
--

http://nypost.com/2013/12/27/hundreds-of-teens-trash-mall-in-wild-flash-mob/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9373900

My dad would have beat the crap out of me if I participated in anything like this.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wait, so there were 'brawls all over the shopping center' and some were apparently playing the 'knockout game' of randomly sucker punching people, but no one was significantly injured.

NY Post is trash. I will not be surprised if this story turns out to be largely bullshit.

KDOG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
One shot...the "riot" would've stopped. If this happens where I'm at, I'm grabbing one of them and punching them until I'm pulled off or they stop moving. I'm sick of this crap. Here's one of the results of lax and liberal upbringing - no discipline, no consequence the whole "let them do whatever" blah blah blah... Grrrrr.

Apologists for the kids behavior entering thread in 3....2....1....

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Wait, so there were 'brawls all over the shopping center' and some were apparently playing the 'knockout game' of randomly sucker punching people, but no one was significantly injured.

NY Post is trash. I will not be surprised if this story turns out to be largely bullshit.

Plenty of video if it, it's on multiple news sources. Yep, bullshit.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Plenty of video if it, it's on multiple news sources. Yep, bullshit.

Turns out that according to the police there was no riot, significant damage, or injuries, and nobody was arrested.

So yeah. Pretty much bullshit. Color me shocked that the NY Post would have a sensational story that turned out to be wrong.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Turns out that according to the police there was no riot, significant damage, or injuries, and nobody was arrested.

So yeah. Pretty much bullshit. Color me shocked that the NY Post would have a sensational story that turned out to be wrong.

Liars lie, it's what they do.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Yeah, the NY Post is garbage.

Apr 27, 2012
One shot...the "riot" would've stopped. If this happens where I'm at, I'm grabbing one of them and punching them until I'm pulled off or they stop moving. I'm sick of this crap. Here's one of the results of lax and liberal upbringing - no discipline, no consequence the whole "let them do whatever" blah blah blah... Grrrrr.

Apologists for the kids behavior entering thread in 3....2....1....

Agree with this. Security should have just beat the morons up with their batons or call the police. They need to have some common sense knocked into them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, but Eskimolie says it's not really , really, really true.

Uhmm why not go and actually read the links? The fact that there were teens running around the mall acting crazy was true. The fighting, the 'knockout game nonsense, etc, all appears to be bullshit.

You know, the parts of the story that make it interesting. Dumbass.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Uhmm why not go and actually read the links? The fact that there were teens running around the mall acting crazy was true. The fighting, the 'knockout game nonsense, etc, all appears to be bullshit.

You know, the parts of the story that make it interesting. Dumbass.

It's pretty clear to everyone reading your posts that your starting point is "this isn't true because I don't like it" and then you work from there to justify that position.

You can either continue to knee-jerk downplay things about the world around you which you find inconvenient, unpleasant, or uncomfortable... or you can face reality on its own terms and try to improve it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's pretty clear to everyone reading your posts that your starting point is "this isn't true because I don't like it" and then you work from there to justify that position.

You can either continue to knee-jerk downplay things about the world around you which you find inconvenient, unpleasant, or uncomfortable... or you can face reality on its own terms and try to improve it.

I actually feel no way about it happening one way or the other. People, especially teenagers, do shitty things all the time. The NY Post however, is a tabloid that frequently publishes bullshit. Amazing how when more information comes out we go from fights everywhere, punching strangers, and possible guns, to no arrests, no significant damage, and no injuries.

Also known as: a bullshit story.

We all know why you are interested in this and it is because the video involves black people.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I actually feel no way about it happening one way or the other. People, especially teenagers, do shitty things all the time. The NY Post however, is a tabloid that frequently publishes bullshit. Amazing how when more information comes out we go from fights everywhere, punching strangers, and possible guns, to no arrests, no significant damage, and no injuries.

We all know why you are interested in this and it is because the video involves black people.

Other news outlets confirmed the story and now it's so funny that rather than admit the likelihood is extremely high that all in the original story from the NY Post is spot on (took place) you break out the race card.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Other news outlets confirmed the story and now it's so funny that rather than admit the likelihood is extremely high that all in the original story from the NY Post is spot on (took place) you break out the race card.

Other news outlets have most certainly NOT confirmed the Post's story. At least not the parts of the story I disputed. Why don't you go read my original post in this thread. It's a story about a real mob scene at a mall that the NY Post filled up with all kinds of bullshit to make it more sensational.

Have you ever read the NY Post? That's what they do.

As for it all being spot on, don't make me laugh. Just how naive are you? Unless you think that people were going around sucker punching people so ineffectively that there were no injuries or arrests. Maybe it was just a fight/knockout game fest by the weakest teenagers ever to have graced planet earth. You know how kids don't get out much these days... lol.

Also, have you ever looked at what threads Geosurface posts in? Nearly every one is about black people. (and guess which side he takes in every single one)

Apr 27, 2012

Liberal pulls the race card, Why am I not surprised.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Quote from the NYPD on the issue:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...mall-brooklyn-article-1.1559582#ixzz2oiXGL9tl

“They weren’t stealing anything,” said the NYPD spokeswoman. “They weren’t assaulting anyone. They were going through the mall, making loud noises. Some were fighting with each other.”

Yeah, sounds like the NY Post's story was totally spot on. I didn't know people were stupid enough to take what they read in there at face value but I guess you learn something new every day. What's even funnier is that after it gets called out for being sensationalistic bullshit, some people try to double down on it.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Other news outlets have most certainly NOT confirmed the Post's story. At least not the parts of the story I disputed. Why don't you go read my original post in this thread. It's a story about a real mob scene at a mall that the NY Post filled up with all kinds of bullshit to make it more sensational.

Have you ever read the NY Post? That's what they do.

As for it all being spot on, don't make me laugh. Just how naive are you? Unless you think that people were going around sucker punching people so ineffectively that there were no injuries or arrests. Maybe it was just a fight/knockout game fest by the weakest teenagers ever to have graced planet earth. You know how kids don't get out much these days... lol.

Also, have you ever looked at what threads Geosurface posts in? Nearly every one is about black people. (and guess which side he takes in every single one)

Obviously CNN and ABC (NYC) must be drinking the NY Post's koolaid as their article describes most of what they reported. Just because no one reported any damage or assaults doesn't mean they didn't occur just more than likely the people don't want to get involved or their insurance will cover the damage that occurred.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/28/us/new-york-mall-mob/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9373900

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

That'd be incorrect.

I knew it was incorrect, but I decided to check. I looked at my recent posting history and found that I'd participated in 4 threads which in some way related to black people, and 14 which did not.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
LMAO!!!!! From your own link.

Abu Taleb watched in horror as the teens poached items from other vendors. He said he couldn’t escape the throngs of pint-sized pickpockets as they raided his jars of sweets — and tried to get their paws on his cash.

“It was scary,” Taleb told the Daily News. “Everybody was scared. There were a lot of people, a lot of kids. It was very loud. Security tried to stop them, but they could not do it.

“Kids tried to get my cash from the register,” he continued. “(One) had scissors and was acting like he (was) going to attack me.”
Yet the NYPD said nothing happened