Humorous comment about Dems winning in the fall

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To Pabster,

A. GWB's recent poll numbers are indeed up---from an abismal 35% a few months ago to maybe a giant maybe 40% today---I hope you won't write home on that minority platform. One more chicken coming home to roost and he could be sub 30% in a heart beat.

B. For the Iraqi people---the US invasion has been a giant diaster---electricity and water remain at pre-invasion levels---and now death squard kill something like 2000 or so per month.
while the US looks the other way--Not even oil production is up to pre-invasion levels.---in case you have not noticed, the terrorists are winning all over the mid-east. I do not know about you, but I judge by results--not rethoric---but on rethoric---Bush gets a best a B on pure bull---on results---he gets a F- for failure.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
To Pabster,

A. GWB's recent poll numbers are indeed up---from an abismal 35% a few months ago to maybe a giant maybe 40% today---I hope you won't write home on that minority platform. One more chicken coming home to roost and he could be sub 30% in a heart beat.

Hurts when those numbers go up doesn't it :D :p

B. For the Iraqi people---the US invasion has been a giant diaster---electricity and water remain at pre-invasion levels---and now death squard kill something like 2000 or so per month.
while the US looks the other way--Not even oil production is up to pre-invasion levels.---in case you have not noticed, the terrorists are winning all over the mid-east. I do not know about you, but I judge by results--not rethoric---but on rethoric---Bush gets a best a B on pure bull---on results---he gets a F- for failure.

That's funny. Every single poll I've seen has indicated Iraqi's are better off now. And that goes across the board from clean running water to being employed. If you have some evidence otherwise, by all means, present it. I think I'd trust a poll conducted with Iraqi citizens in Iraq over your personal opinion of how conditions are.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
To Pabster,

Hurts when those numbers go up doesn't it :D :p

What did I tell ya, they're getting desperate. What's your party slogan, "GWB, now disliked by a slightly smaller majority of Americans!"? Damn, I guess you guys are sure showing those Dems who's boss...

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford
What did I tell ya, they're getting desperate. What's your party slogan, "GWB, now disliked by a slightly smaller majority of Americans!"? Damn, I guess you guys are sure showing those Dems who's boss...

No, I just find it hilarious that every time a poll is conducted showing a drop in Bush's approval rating, we get about 10 threads on it here, and it is ran 24/7 on all the mainstream news media. When the opposite occurs, the silence is deafening. I think it proves the point that I've made several times about liberals controlling the media.

And the only reason I brought up GWB's approval rating was because a previous poster opined that the upcoming election was to be a referendum on GWB; So logically an increase in his polling is likely to be beneficial to those in his party.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

No, I just find it hilarious that every time a poll is conducted showing a drop in Bush's approval rating, we get about 10 threads on it here, and it is ran 24/7 on all the mainstream news media. When the opposite occurs, the silence is deafening. I think it proves the point that I've made several times about liberals controlling the media.

And the only reason I brought up GWB's approval rating was because a previous poster opined that the upcoming election was to be a referendum on GWB; So logically an increase in his polling is likely to be beneficial to those in his party.

Oddly enough, I actually think you're right...this election WILL largely be about Bush and his policies. And you're right, an increase in his polling is good for people in his party. However, while his higher poll numbers are BETTER, I'm still not sure they are all that good a sign for Republicans. Part of the problem is that Republicans have spent a lot of effort at this point distancing themselves from Bush, if they jump back on the Bush bandwagon, they'll look like political opportunists. But if they DON'T start playing for Bush's team again, they'll lose the major (some say only) point the Republican part has going for it. Bush inspires some truly diehard loyalty for some strange reason, I don't think the Republicans really appreciate that this time around.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
By the same token Pabster---does it cause you viseral pain when GWB's poll numbers go down?---or did you just die a few months ago when GWB's poll numbers were sinking like a rock and others were asking how low could he go?---and now---he is slightly up but still with a distinct minority approval rating---you hope that you can come back to life when and if GWB gets up to a whole 50%.--which is very unlikely to ever happen again.

Look at all George has to look forward to in 07.

1. No progres in Iraq---with Bush's poodle, Blair out on his ear--replaced by G. Brown---hardly a Bush fan.--lmaybe eaving the USA the sole member of the coalition of the billing in Iraq. And the USA increasing isolated on the international stage---with GWB cast in the role of the little boy who cried wolf.--and not be trusted.

2. The scandal trials of Delay, Ney, Libby, and Abramoff will begin---it will be especially interesting to see if Abramoff will parrot the official line I never knew GWB--or Rove--or Cheney.--and the same thing for scooter Libby--who is already saying he is not going to be the fall guy for outing CIA agent for political revenge.

3. As for number three--anything bad and very little good can come from GWB policy. Soon the international community will just quit extending the USA credit---and the merry go round will stop---just as it did for Bush's daddy.---and fiscal sanity rears its ugly little head to an ever diminished middle class tax base.

I can confidently predict GWB's popularity will soon be below 30% by next summer---as more and more chickens come home to roost. Just want to give you something to be happy about for now Pabster. Glory days at 40% ---as those that rubber stamp GWB going the way of the dodo in the election of 11/06.

As for me, I will never be sad---even if Bush finally cracks 50% again---I remain confident that bad policy will inevitably doom GWB.---and you pin your hopes on the stupidity of the American people.---with at best temporary poll numbers.

But now I have given you some reasons why Bush's poll number will continue to go down even if he goes the distance until Jan/09 without being impeahed before.

Now Pabster---can you give any realistic senarios in which GWB can turn the numbers around and become anything but the worst US President in recent history?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Democrats threw the last few elections for the same reason. Now the whole world knows the Republicans are nuts and want them out of power.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: International Machine Consortium
Never underestimate the stupidity of the average voter.

Especially when 50% are even stupider.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
In 2008 we will still be in Iraq. The people living there will still hate each other and be killing each other in sectarian violence, and our troops will still be getting caught in the crossfire as well as being targeted. George W. Bush will still be blamed for this more than anyone else. This will still be the biggest issue in 2008.

I don't think a Democratic majority in the House is going to change that, so the Bush backlash will still affect the election in a negative way for Republicans.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
To be fair, you don't remind me of anyone else enough to make me think you are a returning, banned member. I think you're new. But you're certainly a shill.

Oops, you asked me not to comment like this.

Oh well, a troll needs food once in a while, here you are - :cookie:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The Democrats threw the last few elections for the same reason. Now the whole world knows the Republicans are nuts and want them out of power.

Hahaha, zing!

Ya, that's the ticket. :D

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Re: the Bush approval ratings...

I think Bush 'bottomed out', so to speak, a month or two ago when he was threatening to hit the 20s. Since that time, he has done the smartest thing he can do - nothing - and so his polls increased. I think in Bush's case, or anyone's really, you almost have to TRY to get into the 20s for approval ratings. That Bush did not try to do anything major, either successfully or unsuccessfully, is the biggest reason for his increase in polls. A do-nothing president would probably sit around the 40s consistently, so this is just Bush regressing to the do-nothing mean. Also with 9/11, he obviously enjoyed a minimal poll increase.

That is not something to brag about, Pabster.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Guys, and gals, I posted this cause I thought it was funny. The reporter is making a joke of the idea that the Republicans want to lose so they can win. Sad to say a lot of you missed his joke.
He was being sarcastic. Read it again.
Shailagh Murray: The new theory is that Republicans want to lose the House, because two years of Nancy Pelosi in the spotlight can only help their chances in 2008. Democrats have caught wind of this and are now deeply paranoid that they're getting set up. Which tells us that Democrats still think, after Abramoff, the war, and everything else, that the Republicans are smarter than they are.

While I think that 2 years of Democratic investigations would hurt the Democrats and help the Republicans in 2008, I don't think I want to give up congress for that reason.

Why do I think the Democrats would only hurt themselves? Because look at what happened to the Republicans when they went after Clinton and tried to impeach him, they lost seats. John Conyers is already working on articles of impeachment, Dems win and he is chairman of judiciary committee and is dying to go after Bush.

I highly doubt that the majority of Americans want us spending the next 2 years trying to impeach Bush. Despite the mistakes with WMD and the Iraq al-Qaeda links I still think most Americans believe that Bush was sincere, and we should know from history that being sincere goes a long long way with Americans. (Look at Clinton and his apologies after Monica)

Of course if you don't agree with me, then post some evidence that Americans want Bush impeached, or that they believe that he "lied" about WMD etc.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The repubs can't afford to lose control of even one wing of congress in 06. Look for a manufactered incident to save their butt in mid to late October.---something like a faked Al-quida attack.

If some other scandal does not blow up in their face before---something like Iraq going full blown civil war or the like.---as it is, all lobbying corruption trials are delayed until after election.

Way ahead of you, I was considering that when reading the following:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52080

I did a google search of the name of the terrorist they warn us about.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=...an+el+Shukrijumah&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nw

Comes up with some interesting results such as the FBI.

http://www.fbi.gov/terrorinfo/elshukrijumah.htm

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Personally, I am baffled why Al-Quida has not again attacked the US on US soil post 911. GWB and homeland security has done next to nothing defense wise. While US led efforts have greatly reduced AL-Quida funding and operational capacities, I still have to believe AL-Quida is capable of disruptive attacks in many areas.

I therefore conclude that AL-Quida has chosen not to attack the US---after all GWB is doing such a great job for them to weaken the US---with diplomatic isolation---huge defecit spending---military over extension---and the fact GWB is AL-Quida's number one recruiter.----and at exhaustive expense---the terrorists are winning in Afganistan---Iraq---Lebanon---and Somalia. The Iran military option is pretty well gone---the UN no longer trusts the US ---the US has totally lost the moral high ground on human rights----so if I were Bin Laden---I would ask why spoil a good thing as my enemy weakens itself.

Look at the people we have caught---people like Richard---can't even light his shoes correctly Reed---or Hose Padia---or Moussaui----do any serious think AL-Quida would use incompetents like these?

But a Karl Rove type manufactered incident would be easy to stage. And could well stampede the electorate

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Personally, I am baffled why Al-Quida has not again attacked the US on US soil post 911. GWB and homeland security has done next to nothing defense wise. While US led efforts have greatly reduced AL-Quida funding and operational capacities, I still have to believe AL-Quida is capable of disruptive attacks in many areas.

So you are waiting with baited breath for another attack? So you can start a few more anti-Bush grumbles?

The fact is, we are safer than we were pre-9/11, despite all the faults and follies. AQ has been severely weakened (through many of the programs you liberals despise). Does that mean they couldn't pull something off? Of course not. But we've made it very difficult.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I can confidently predict GWB's popularity will soon be below 30% by next summer---as more and more chickens come home to roost. Just want to give you something to be happy about for now Pabster. Glory days at 40% ---as those that rubber stamp GWB going the way of the dodo in the election of 11/06.

Marked :D I'm sure you'll be back to defend yourself when you are proven wrong at such time.

Now Pabster---can you give any realistic senarios in which GWB can turn the numbers around and become anything but the worst US President in recent history?

I like to debate facts and evidence, not your liberal talking points and biased opinion.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
It's amazing what a difference in attitude we're seeing from the right after two short years...

That's what happens when the war you're in goes down the crapper, as well as the fact that the Republican controlled congress has been highly incapable of actually producing any meaningful legislation.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Aisengard
That is not something to brag about, Pabster.

Can you show me where I was "bragging" about it?

Didn't think so.

You were getting all excited when you mentioned that Bush's poll numbers have risen. Nice to know you realize Bush is still a complete failure.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Aisengard
You were getting all excited when you mentioned that Bush's poll numbers have risen. Nice to know you realize Bush is still a complete failure.

Try trolling somewhere else.