Humm interesting story in the Rocky Mountain News today.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
according to this newspaper artical mainly hispanic owned business suffered from last weeks walk out. For example one drywall company has to pay nearly 65K in overtime to its workers to make up for the lost work time. I guess they showed us uh?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I don't think it had quite the impact some people were hoping, but look at it this way, all sorts of REAL businesses were hurt by the walk-out. That would sort of indicate to me that illegal immigrants do contribute something to the economy...which was kind of the point of the whole thing.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
One COULD look at it as an interesting rebuke to people who hire illegal immigrants over American workers because they are sympathetic due to national origin

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Frackal
One COULD look at it as an interesting rebuke to people who hire illegal immigrants over American workers because they are sympathetic due to national origin

Yes, tandled webs and so forth. ;)

The issue is actually fairly complex...which is probably why people are so upset about it, nobody likes a political issue they can't boil down to a bumper sticker.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
You think Hispanic immigrants are unpatriotic????

Just wait until you get islamic ones!!!

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
The only thing this proved to me is that too many illegals have jobs and are taking them from Americans. There is no doubt the illegals contribute to business. The question is, how much do they contribute to society? How much money do they send out of the USA to Mexico? How much do we spend on them for healthcare?

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: jrenz
What do we do now?? What the HELL do we do NOW?!

cower in fear and let CNN, MSNBC and FOXnews lead us around blindly. they will know exactly what to do (especially on slow news days).

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Was it illegals that did not go to work, or was it legal sympathizers that chose not to work?