Humble subscriptions are about to get a lot worse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
.. frankly i find it insulting that a game is $60 on day 1 and then $40 like ONE WEEK later. an extra 50% price increase because i can't contain my shopping habits (which marketing encourages) for one week?

Reactions: Craig234

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Amusingly enough, I purchased Two Point Hospital and Unrailed! from the Steam sale a few days ago. It's not a huge deal as I bought Unrailed! for the co-op, and this just means I have another copy to support online co-op play. I can say that the Mages of Mystralia game looks kind of interesting, and I'll finally get Shadow of War and Dirt 2!

Only 9 choices for my 2nd month on the Classic Plan (10 first month), good thing I have 5 of the games already so don't need to miss out at all.

Maybe something is wrong with your subscription and they accidentally gave you the highest tier, non-Classic plan? I'm not sure, because I also have the Classic plan, and I have 10 available choices.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
The email also said I have 10 available games to pick from on the classic plan. When I got the email It actually looked a pretty good month.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Amusingly enough, I purchased Two Point Hospital and Unrailed! from the Steam sale a few days ago. It's not a huge deal as I bought Unrailed! for the co-op, and this just means I have another copy to support online co-op play. I can say that the Mages of Mystralia game looks kind of interesting, and I'll finally get Shadow of War and Dirt 2!

My issue is a bit different. I bought 4 games together including a 2-game bundle of The Gallery vol 1 and 2. I used my $5 Steam promo, and it took $1.25 off each game. Then I saw I already own vol 1 from humble, but if I refund, it requires returning both bundle games, and also loses $2.50 of the $5 credit. Sucks how they did that.