Humble Bundle Firaxis sale

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
X-Com and Civ5 are worth the $7 not sure about another $8 for Civ:BE though. By the time you play through XCom (especially with the long war mod) and Civ5, you can probably pick up BE and the expansion for it for $15.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I'd probably hop on the $15 tier if Civ 5 were complete, but I'm leaning towards passing.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
$15 alone for BE for me. I nearly pulled the trigger at ~£15 at Christmas.

£25 for RT is a joke, even with a 33% off voucher too.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
$1 to finally get a copy of Pirates! in my Steam account....plus XCOM (which my kid has told me I must play).....plus some other strategy games that look somewhat interesting (that air patrol pacific game looks like it has potential).

Seems like a no-brainer even if I don't need anymore backlog in my Steam account.

Thanks for posting Craig234!

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Are you able to gift the games you wouldn't need? I have a lot of these but there are few making the package worth it.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Are you able to gift the games you wouldn't need? I have a lot of these but there are few making the package worth it.

Doesn't look like it:

"NOTE: Keys in this bundle are packaged together by tier and cannot be separated. Redeeming packaged keys on Steam will not produce Steam gifts for items already in your library. "

Canun

Apr 1, 2006
I own most of those in the bundle, but wouldn't mind getting BE. The other one that seemed interesting was Starships. Don't know if it is worth the $15 to get a ton of games I already own in the deal.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I own most of those in the bundle, but wouldn't mind getting BE. The other one that seemed interesting was Starships. Don't know if it is worth the $15 to get a ton of games I already own in the deal.

The keys come in three groups according to the tiers. So you can't gift individual games, just the set.

Evilviking

Jun 2, 2013
Wait so you can gift the first two cheaper groups? You get three sets of keys for the $15 package?

If so I'll just use BE for me and use the other civilization keys for my dad

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Wait so you can gift the first two cheaper groups? You get three sets of keys for the $15 package?

If so I'll just use BE for me and use the other civilization keys for my dad

That's what I've read. Each tier is it's on set of keys. Make sure you don't signin with steam though, get the keys and then manually add them to steam. Might what to check with someone that bought it though to be sure.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
That's what I've read. Each tier is it's on set of keys. Make sure you don't signin with steam though, get the keys and then manually add them to steam. Might what to check with someone that bought it though to be sure.

With past humble bundles, each tier is it's own group of keys. Each tier will show up in your humble bundle account with a link to either activate through Steam or gift (email the link to someone).

I don't think it matters if you sign in through Steam or not. Activating or gifting is all done through your Humble Bundle account.