Huh...wierd...Republicans submitted bills...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
LOL!
After seven years of huge budget deficits, now the Republicans are talking about a Constitutional Balanced budget. This is like the Republicans criticizing the Democratic Congress for not ending GWB's war.

Will the 2008 Republican drum beat be:

"Look the Democrats have been in power for less than 2 YEARS and they have not fix the problems we Republicans have created! Put us back in power so we can STAY THE COURSE!"

I do not think this is going to work. Perhaps the Republicans will have more success with cranking up xenophobia: GAY MARRIAGE, ILLEGAL ALIENS, and MUSLIMS are invading the US. Save yourself and vote Repubilican!

lol you dont get federal politics do you.

Please enlighten me!

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Narmer
Oh and I found this gem: S Con Res 21 submitted by Kent Conrad (Democrat) to raise the debt ceiling ROFL

Funny how you're so concerned about the budget now that Democrats are in charge. Are you a real Republican now? Seems to me like you're more concerned about your party than the state of the budget.

Search a little. I've stated I dont like how this administration spends money like a drunken sailor on leave in Thailand. Pay attention skippy.

And my point is to point out the hypocrisy of the Democratic party, and how they arent doing SHIT to get us out of this mess. The GOP is.

Yeah, we can't have the D's doing what the R's have been doing for the last 7 years. If they take the Presidency you might have something to complain about, but once they have the power why should they act any differently then your heros did?

The GOP can dop their little song and dance act but they are going to come across like the hypocrits everybody thinks (knows) they are on this one because all they are saying is "don't do as we did, do as we say".

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: alchemize
This thread is a riot...

"bbut the Republicans!!!"

Old boss, meet the new boss :)

That wasnt *MY* intention, but rather SOMETHING is at least being ATTEMPTED. And it happens to be the GOP. Nothing more sinister than that.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Oh and I found this gem: S Con Res 21 submitted by Kent Conrad (Democrat) to raise the debt ceiling ROFL

Funny how you're so concerned about the budget now that Democrats are in charge. Are you a real Republican now? Seems to me like you're more concerned about your party than the state of the budget.

Search a little. I've stated I dont like how this administration spends money like a drunken sailor on leave in Thailand. Pay attention skippy.

And my point is to point out the hypocrisy of the Democratic party, and how they arent doing SHIT to get us out of this mess. The GOP is.

Yeah, we can't have the D's doing what the R's have been doing for the last 7 years. If they take the Presidency you might have something to complain about, but once they have the power why should they act any differently then your heros did?

The GOP can dop their little song and dance act but they are going to come across like the hypocrits everybody thinks (knows) they are on this one because all they are saying is "don't do as we did, do as we say".

sure why you would say that. It was a the GOP that balanced the budget under Clinton...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How disingenuous, Blackangst1, putting the glory on the repubs during the Clinton years. Clinton demanded, and got, tax increases and concessions from repubs repeatedly, even shutting down the govt on one occasion. Clinton cornered them with their own fiscal responsibility rhetoric, and had the power to hold them accountable.

Left to their own devices, in control of the executive and legislative branches, repubs acted entirely contrary to their stated goals, because nobody had the power to stop them from pursuing their true objectives or blunt their distractionary ravings about terrar, war, and security. After the Brooks Brothers Riot, they set out on a Brooks Brothers Looting Spree... and were given carte blanche by 9/11 and a faltering economy...

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

sure why you would say that. It was a the GOP that balanced the budget under Clinton...

So Bush and the R's took over with a balanced budget and now they're calling for a balanced budget?? LOL, I personally can't wait to vote the lying bums out of office. If there going to run a deficiet then let's spend the money a little smarter then these clowns have.... and lets raise the taxes on the rich bastards to do it.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

So Bush and the R's took over with a balanced budget and now they're calling for a balanced budget?? LOL, I personally can't wait to vote the lying bums out of office. If there going to run a deficiet then let's spend the money a little smarter then these clowns have.... and lets raise the taxes on the rich bastards to do it.

I agree with getting them out of office.. ALL of them. There is not a significant difference between dems and gop AT ALL. Theyre just painted a different colors. The parties stances on issues have blurred. Unfortunately the American public is too stupid and naive to realize that while theyre screaming for change they keep re-electing the same asshats into office. We are getting exactly what we deserve, and shouldnt be suprised AT ALL.

As far as taxation on the rich...good luck with that. Sure there may be incremental small increases, but nothing significant. Senators are self preserving, as we all would be if in the same situation. If it's gonna hit them or their families in the pockjetbooks, they aint gonna do it. My mind is a little foggy on it, I can look for it, but there was a push in the 90's by some to limit outsourcing and put some pretty stringent tarrifs on imports. The lead crying baby was John Kerry because the majority of his wife's family's fortune and business was overseas. Senetors arent gonna squeeze the rich too much (for which Im thankful).