Huckster's mistep at NRA counts him out of VP race?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Huckabee has been all class throughout the campaign season. I like the guy. I just wouldn't vote for him because we differ on so many issues.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Even thought Huck has some pretty wacki religious views, he still manages to keep church and State separate. And in terms of the religious right, he is the genuine article as poor ole Romney found out.

I also thought his NRA joke about Obama was tasteless and vulgar, but still not a fatal gaffe. As a dem, maybe I should not troll under GOP bridges, but I think Huckabee may be the best VP choice now available to McCain.
Neither Huckabee or Obama will have much appeal to the radically right conservatives, but that latter group still have three basic choices. (1) Vote the McCain ticket. (2) Sit out the election or vote a third party. (3) Or vote for a more liberal democrat.

After all, the radical right conservatives had a plethora of GOP candidates to vote for in the primaries. Even the GOP electorate gave the radical right conservatives of the GOP the unmistakable thumbs down. And as card carrying members of the GOP, they now have to admit their policies FAILED, and now they have to play second fiddle and support the GOP winner. If they sit and sulk in the corner, they will never get a chance again for a very long time.

That's unfortunately a blatant lie. Huckabee himself said "It's alot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that's what we need to do is to amend the constitution so it's in God's standards..."

So bullshit that Huckabee is for keeping church and state separate. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church, so when I heard about Huckabee running, I already didn't like it. I know enough about how the SB church feels to ever want them in charge of this country. And then Huckabee said this line and guaranteed that I will vote for whoever is most likely to beat him if he's on any ticket.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: thraashman
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Even thought Huck has some pretty wacki religious views, he still manages to keep church and State separate. And in terms of the religious right, he is the genuine article as poor ole Romney found out.

I also thought his NRA joke about Obama was tasteless and vulgar, but still not a fatal gaffe. As a dem, maybe I should not troll under GOP bridges, but I think Huckabee may be the best VP choice now available to McCain.
Neither Huckabee or Obama will have much appeal to the radically right conservatives, but that latter group still have three basic choices. (1) Vote the McCain ticket. (2) Sit out the election or vote a third party. (3) Or vote for a more liberal democrat.

After all, the radical right conservatives had a plethora of GOP candidates to vote for in the primaries. Even the GOP electorate gave the radical right conservatives of the GOP the unmistakable thumbs down. And as card carrying members of the GOP, they now have to admit their policies FAILED, and now they have to play second fiddle and support the GOP winner. If they sit and sulk in the corner, they will never get a chance again for a very long time.

That's unfortunately a blatant lie. Huckabee himself said "It's alot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that's what we need to do is to amend the constitution so it's in God's standards..."

So bullshit that Huckabee is for keeping church and state separate. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church, so when I heard about Huckabee running, I already didn't like it. I know enough about how the SB church feels to ever want them in charge of this country. And then Huckabee said this line and guaranteed that I will vote for whoever is most likely to beat him if he's on any ticket.

You obviously enjoy taking things out of context. He was talking about passing an amendment regarding the definition of marriage, not forming a theocracy.

He said many times his faith it was drives his beliefs and decisions. The majority of the people in America believe marriage is between a man and a woman, even CA did according to the vote that was recently overturned.

Either way, Huckabee himself cannot change the constitution and it's a huge process to do so.

Look at his god damned record and go off of that, not off of twisting his words to be what you want them to be.