HTML / Website gurus in here please.

Krueger81

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
Hello,

I am trying to start off a little Lan party in this area of the woods and would like to know a couple of things on how to create a registration thingy for my website.

Basically what I would like to do are these things:

People sign up input their info. street address/username/age/ and so on

I would like to receive an e-mail with all that info so I can store it for future use
I would also like for it to be added to the Attendee page so I wouldn't have to manualy update it.

Is that possible. and if so how?

Phil

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
For a custom setup like that, it's definitely a good bit of work to pull off. If you can find anybody who knows php/mysql (access/sql server/asp for those of you who love windows) then it helps a lot. Also, if you plan on taking prepayments on the site, youll wanna read up on the IPN (Instant Payment Notification) setup on paypal.com. If you need any ideas or run into anything, feel free to check out our site, http://www.LAN-Central.com/. Adul has built almost everything that you see there, along with a little help from myself, and a few other staff members.

Krueger81

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
so everything is done in php on that website.

how hard is it to learn and are there any websites that have tutorials on them?

TIA

Phil

Krueger81

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
Ross. I am sure ripplehost has Php support. :) I am not sure you are the one who referred me to them :)

Thanks for that though. 5 bucks a year can't beat that :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Krueger81
so everything is done in php on that website.

how hard is it to learn and are there any websites that have tutorials on them?

TIA

Phil

Most PHP scripts are easy to install taking about 10 minutes at most, PHP manual.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I think I found a nice simple database solution for you here, click demo to see how it works.

Very nice.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Woah... nice find Rossman... us programming illiterate sure could use this stuff. Can't even fully understand CSS and thats just layout stuff.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
You know what I've found? I totally can't learn from those manuals.. I have like no memory, so I can't build on stuff. I have a stack of Flash and PHP manuals... never touched them. Only way I can learn is when I find the need for something, and I'll go try to search for a tutorial online... but it gets harder and harder to find that stuff these days... or maybe the stuff I try to do is not done. Oh and that's where the forums come in too hehehe. So many helpful people devoting their time to walk you through stuff. Awesome.